Train Horn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C5Engineer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone installed a train horn on a 2019 Ram 1500 crew cab? If so where did you mount the compressor? Thanks

Anonymous007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone installed a train horn on a 2019 Ram 1500 crew cab? If so where did you mount the compressor? Thanks

Ive been researching this as i want one installed but is a lot of money for a shop to do it. Ive seen them in the spare tire spot and under the driver side somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smoke8r

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500 sport crew cab blackout package
Engine
5.7 hemi
I am interested in this also, and have been looking into options.
I am looking into a compressorless models as I have space in front of my rad.

As far as legalities go, for our ontario dyi, from what I can tell there is nothing in the ontario Highway traffic act that prohibits this type of horn on a passenger vehicle.

Of course don't take my word for it, do your own legal research to confirm your not breaking any laws.

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had/have Klein setup on my current 4th gen. Tank and horns are mounted where the spare goes. I have 35’s so the spare is useless anyways. The compressor is mounted on the frame under passenger rear door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They are too in NY. Just gotta use it appropriately lol. Save it for those whom “need” it. Looking back though I wouldn’t spend as much as I did. So many other mods I could have done.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They are too in NY. Just gotta use it appropriately lol. Save it for those whom “need” it. Looking back though I wouldn’t spend as much as I did. So many other mods I could have done.

I'll bite.... Where did you buy the horn and how much was it?

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
I have one on my 2006 Ram. It is, by far, my favorite mod. I bought mine through HornBlasters. As far as being legal, they are not specifically named illegal in NY. The law is open to interpretation.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Ive been researching this as i want one installed but is a lot of money for a shop to do it. Ive seen them in the spare tire spot and under the driver side somewhere
https://kleinn.com/ram-systems/
You'll want to email them as they don't have a Gen5 vehicle specific kit yet. The Kleinn set up for the Gen4 1500 bolts on behind the front bumper.

I had/have Klein setup on my current 4th gen. Tank and horns are mounted where the spare goes. I have 35’s so the spare is useless anyways. The compressor is mounted on the frame under passenger rear door.
They've changed where the stuff gets mounted as on the 2500/3500 is on the sides of the truck, you can keep the spare tire. The underpinnings of the 2019+ HD trucks haven't changed much so it's possible their kit will still work.

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I installed a Wolo Cannonball Express Pro and have it mounted in the spare tire spot. Did it myself and wasn’t that hard. I rigged up 2 aluminum brackets for the air tank and have everything mounted in that section. Switch for the compressor and button for the horns. Works flawlessly and is loud. $800 Canadian. I reside in Ontario and have no laws that I can find about using train horns. Just a horn, but louder!

Woody1

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have full OBA "on board air". comp is mounted on drivers frame under the bed, the tank and horns are mounted on the passenger side under the bed with some custom brackets.

I ran an air hose up under the hood to keep things clean.

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
https://kleinn.com/ram-systems/
You'll want to email them as they don't have a Gen5 vehicle specific kit yet. The Kleinn set up for the Gen4 1500 bolts on behind the front bumper.

Wow, what a nice kit. Awesome instructions too. Wish all aftermarket guys were this thorough. I hope they come out with the Gen 5 stuff soon, and would be nice if they made a 140 db version (which is the loudest by law in my neck of the woods.)

JS4024

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Illegal in all 50 states, plus might just get you an ass whoopin.....