Trans clunking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
a dodge dealer. granted my wife's rig was a Durango but it did the exact same thing. I'm surprised there hasn't been a service bulleitin yet on this.

Joe47200

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I say all of this normal. All my cars that are stout, hiss, scream, creak, clunk, bloop boop, and it means nothing. It's a heavy-duty driveline - it better clunk and feel solid. I've never owned supercar that didn't sound like it was breaking at low speeds. Lambos clunk endlessly, Z06 does 1-2-3-4 up, Ferrari does the clunk from 4 to 1 at all stops, and AWD rally cars sound like the whole drivetrain is going to explode shifting up and down...but they all don't break.

High performance cars /trucks (HD) are not the best DD. They make a ton of noise, and get crappy gas milage, because they're not made for DD. You can - I do - but it is the nature of the beast.

I suggest, some quit these neuroses, have faith in the warranty, drive it like you stole it, and enjoy it for what it is and isn't.
Well, you do have a point about the noise, machines make noise. However, growing up buying and driving used cars from the 60’s and 70s, any noise from the drive systems were “bad”. Funny how those vehicles really were smooth rides and new ones seem troublesome at times. any how, its why I m here looking for answers.

DanO and sons

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I had the same thing but now I have a bad rumble coming from the drive line from 15mph and lower feels like your on the rumble strips on the highway I can’t figure it out. Had wheels force balanced changed rotors and pads all around changed rear diff oil checked my u joints all were tight I’m growing more suspicious of the transmission. Has anyone had this same experience or does anyone know of common problems with the 8 spd transmission in a 2020 gas 6.4 4x4 tradesman?