Trans dial won’t return to original position.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OceanRescue01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So as you can see I have a flag on the dial. It was positioned correctly for months. Then for some reason it looks like it’s been rotated 45° now when in park. I can’t seem to get it back to the correct positioning. Any idea what the hell is going on and how to fix it? Without the obvious take it off and put a new one on. Thanks!
737a88ced992b7001f59dad3e6b66a36.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Have to shut the truck off in drive? Wonder if you can get the knob to go all the way around?

OCDTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bet this is it, because when i park my truck, i always put it in neutral to set the parking brake, ( its on an incline ) and every now and then when im satisfied with the brake, i forget to put it in park and cut the truck off. SO i does its little dance and puts itself in park, BUT the KNOB does NOT move. So i can see how this would happen.

OP
OP
OceanRescue01

OceanRescue01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks everyone. I’ll try in the am!

OP
OP
OceanRescue01

OceanRescue01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Truck won’t shut off in drive. Push button start.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
Truck won’t shut off in drive. Push button start.

Are you saying the truck won't shut off because of the push button? My drive select button has done the little dance and I did exactly what's described above. It works.. donr it a few times.

OP
OP
OceanRescue01

OceanRescue01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea. Not sure what I’m doing wrong. Put in drive and try and shut it off. Says truck isn’t in park and won’t do anything

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Yea. Not sure what I’m doing wrong. Put in drive and try and shut it off. Says truck isn’t in park and won’t do anything

Push button start,hold the start button down,might take upwards of 30 sec's for it to finally shut off.My 14 with the push button won't shut off if it's not in park till you hold the start button down for several seconds.

Hudson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have a ram logo on my shifter. This happened to me too, but i dont have a push start i have tip start
I had to shut the truck off in drive 5 times before the dial went back to its original position

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Get in, close the door, start it, put it in drive.... and open the door.

That might engage auto park.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

**** i'm gonna have to try that trick on my 14,as the only way I've ever been able to get it to shut down when it's running and not in park ie: when it hits the limiter and goes into limp mode on the tranny is to hold the start button down for several seconds.I'll have to check the next time it does it on whether opening the door kills the engine. No auto park on mine though,as I refuse to let that recall be applied,every once in awhile when i'm backing it up on ramps or onto a dyno,i like to open the door to see exactly where the rear tires are,lol

Ridgerunner665

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't believe it'll turn the engine off, just engages auto park to keep us from falling out while moving and running over ourselves.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I don't believe it'll turn the engine off, just engages auto park to keep us from falling out while moving and running over ourselves.

My wifes 2019 Challenger has auto park,and I have to say I hate it,lol. I don't think there is anyway to disable it,at least not at this moment in time,but if somebody does figure out how to disable it,i'll be one of the first lining up to get it turned off,lol. I've made it to 59 with-out ever falling out of a vehicle and running myself over,i'm sure I can make another few years with-out it,lol

Ridgerunner665

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think it is disabled in 4 low on 4wd trucks.

I've wondered what would happen if a person took off with the door not closed good and tried to close it again while still moving...

Or will they even go into drive with the door not closed good?

I keep forgetting to test that out when I'm home.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk