Trans dial won’t return to original position.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ridgerunner665

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also....I hate to be "that" guy.... but...I had an uncle that fell out of a car and ran over himself, it killed him... he was drunk, but still...I never knew him that I can remember, happened when I was about 2 years old.

I understand that auto park can be a pain, but it might also be useful sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
OceanRescue01

OceanRescue01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also....I hate to be "that" guy.... but...I had an uncle that fell out of a car and ran over himself, it killed him... he was drunk, but still...I never knew him that I can remember, happened when I was about 2 years old.

I understand that auto park can be a pain, but it might also be useful sometimes.

Sorry for you’re loss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ridgerunner665

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Like I said....I never knew him.... happened in 1975... but I've heard the story many times.

I was just pointing out that it can happen.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

Sorry for your loss to.

I gave up drinking years ago,hurts to much the next day ,lol.Used to be in my younger days a 3 day drunk and a half day to heal up,now it's a half day drunk and 3 days to heal up,lol

Ridgerunner665

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've pulled a few good ones too... still do once in a blue moon... but not very often for the same reasons.

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
Have to shut the truck off in drive? Wonder if you can get the knob to go all the way around?
exactly what I do and be quick to adjust,Might have to do more than once.

16Ram4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't have any decal on shift dial, but unfortunately I've got the auto park update.
Yes, its a pain in the ass when you need to open the door while backing up.
For example you are not wearing your seatbelt and you put it in reverse with the door open the display will tell you door is open and to place gear selector in park. Truck will not move in this situation.
With extreme caution you can override it by buckling the seatbelt behind you, then put it in reverse then open the door and backup as needed. Like suggested only use caution when doing this and only when needed in extenuating circumstances

jbowen52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Thanks for the tip! I will avoid putting a display cap on my shift knob. I had never thought about it getting misaligned by shutting off the engine while in drive. I have occasionally done that and it jumped to park and I presume the knob didn't move. Doesn't matter unless you have a cap with an oriented display.

erictomlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

No lie...my M-I-L has run herself over TWICE in her Jeep Liberty. In her case, she parks (or should I say "stops") on a slight incline, and due to her general ditzy-ness and always being in a rush, she shuts the Jeep off then opens the door to get out without putting the Jeep in Park. Both times the Jeep rolled back and she got knocked to the ground by the door. One time the front wheel missed her, the other time it was cut right and rolled right over her midsection. Unbelievable that she escaped serious injury both times - although she did end up in the hospital when the tire went over her. I tell my wife that this woman is like a cockroach. Almost impossible to kill and will probably outlive both of us. LOL!

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Some might inquire as to where to get one of them there libertys for their M-I-L...LMAO