Trans work 727

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
SO I got the trans pulled out of that old 1987 Dodge Ram Charger I BOUGHT a month ago.
I'VE TAKEN IT too a friend whose a good trans man..
He really just checking it over. BUT I want new front seal rear seal . New front pump O'Ring . new Dip stick seal & new Shift shaft seal. & He'll pull the pan & get a new filter & Adjust the band & then he'll make a decision weather to pull the valve body.
.... He said $200.00 or less. I can handle that.
SO NEXT WEEK I'LL GET TO INSTALL IT IN MY HAY TRUCK.
...... & After I get it in my hay truck . I have an 1989 Dodge Diesel truck & It's trans can use some love .
SO I'm thinking I'll pull it's trans & Have him put the 2 trans together & My old DIESEL ready for the farm .

OP
OP
P

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
WeLL got my tranny picked up . HOPEFULLY WE'LL GET IT PUT IN SATURDAY.
iT NEEDED a complete over haul But my old friend had every thing & did it for me for just $325.00.
... He said repaying a old favor from about 15 years ago.
YEA.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Dude. WHATS WITH THE mistmatched use of CAPITAL LETTERS in your post.

And whats up....................
With all the PERIODS

lol. anyway, doesnt sound like a bad guy to know if he can fix up 2 transmission for what, 500 bucks lol.

OP
OP
P

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
That's my Style of writin ...
I did a column called Stuff & Thangs many years ago. But Some part of a heart attack or Stoke .. Took it away from me .
.... But truth is I can't spell cat. But mother was a PHD. & sHE WAS ABLE TO HEAD ME in ways I could take care of myself.
... I've got 5 years OF College but like I said I can't spell KAT.
MY dAD BORN IN 1902 & Mon born in 1912 ..
Dad said he worked for Billy the Kid or his name here was Brushy Bill. about 1915.
& Yes I got a world of friends.... I'm so lucky .. I'M STILL LIVING IN THE TOWN i GREW UP WITH . 20,000 people here now.. & i hate when new comers slip in . I know every one.
....I have a friend that is as different as night & day from me ... But he knows all the folks in town that i DON'T . He's on the city counsele & I'm a beer drinker & know the guys that are one step from the Devil.
SO WHEN HE & his wife go out to eat with us once a week .. AKA BEFORE COVID....
All the Church folks come to speak to him ... & Then the one knotch from Homeless & The war vets come & shake hands with me. We laugh & Our wives say .. We can go anywhere that one of them don't know some one too talk to.
... I'm 70 but will be 71 in about 35 days or so. I plan to work until I'm 72.. I'm still in better condition than most of my friends .. I own the family farm 133ac. Inherited since 1878. TOWN IS DOING IT'S BEST TO consome me . I'm fighting but not sure I'll survive ..
I lost my only son to cancer in Nov 2019 at 49.
But I had 2 more boys I claimed but one of the was also Killed in 1999. & The other bought the farm next door to me . & He's an Invester Banker ... ALL 3 Boys were extra special young men . But God took 2 of them . But my Glass is still half full.
... OH My Daddy was a cowboy he went to the very 1st rodeo in Madison Square GARDEN
About 1935 or so something like that . He went as a helper he was not a good enough cowboy to ride in it but he was there ..& He had the stories . I didn't know any of that until I wuz 15 or 16 Dad & I broke a horse together one summer ... Dad told me a bunch of stories about being in New York ..& Being such a country Boy .... SO YOU JUST MET SOME OF Pa Pitt...
... A Character for sure .. jUST LIKE MY DADDY & my Grand Father .
WE WUZ CowBoys .
.... I didn't go back & correct much of this ... So you could see the real PapITT.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
...OK So up at Dawn this AM & I drove the 88 over to the town where my helper lives .
I took all the parts & fluid & left it at his shop in the town he lives in .
He works here in my town & & Wife & I needed to handle some business here at home .
... SO I believe I just got the D250 To him in bare time ... As the truck ran in 2 gear most of the 40 mile trip. I'll say it was shifted down into 2nd more than it was in High/3
... & I expected it to burn up before I got it there . But it got there & The temp started out at about 195 but was at about 205 by the time I got there ..
But it made it ... It had not been shifting up & down before about 10 mile into that trip.
I believe I got the trans rebuilt just in time .

OP
OP
P

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
DANG He never got to my truck this weekend. About what I expected.
He works all week in town & My farm stuff comes 2nd . So I'm glad we hadn't gotten to cutting the hay yet. I'm trying to give myself & the Hay Cutter a weeks edge.

OP
OP
P

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
SO i GOT ONE TEXT FROM HIM TODAY . He' & family are heading to FLorida on Vacation. so I had my neighbor drive me over & we got my truck . I didn't want it to set there get items stolen off it all week.
... I had a gas Generator setting on the bed . & 2 cases of trans fluid & a new rebuilt 727 about 1000.00 for me to replace &35.00 worth of aluminum at scraper . & Keys still in truck. & Several more items inside the truck . Glad no one got to it before I did..

OP
OP
P

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
.. ok Still no trans job done yet.
I've got no tex back from 1st guy . & 1st Guy is $125.00 Expecting about 4 hours to do the job.
SO I ASK ANOTHER guy to do it .. He says he'll start it tomorrow . But he cut his wrist rather bad, I Saw it.
... bUT Now he can't do it for a full nother week. He's $200.00... Simple R& R.
... 3rd **** wanted $400.00 but after he'd set me up to do it he says bring it & leave it .. He's only got 20 cars in front of it .. I'm not leaving it for a month.
I'll do it myself & That would kill me at my age & the heat .
..... SO ANY OF you know what you'd expect to pay in your part of this USA.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
..08-18-20 SO I found a new young man .. He works for AMMCO Trans durning the day & has a shop rented for night work. hE HAD WORKED AT THE Dodge dealership for 3 years after I left . But he's going to R&R my trans for me for $200.00. If he doesn't run into unforeseen issues . iN TOnight & out tomorrow evening . Most likely.
... I hope he proves out as I have a Jeep 1995 V8 ZJ that I need about a $1000.00 worth of work done to . & If he's successful with it I have a 1972 Bronco with a 4BT cummins in & He says he has worked on Diesels in 2 shops . & I have another 1989 Dodge D250 with a 6BT IN IT that needs a little TLC..
&....&...
sure hope he works out.

OP
OP
P

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
OK THE END ..
iT'S HOME & I Love it .
2 DAYS AT this new young mans shop . i PICKED IT UP THIS EVENING $200.00.
i GAVE HIM AN extra 20.00. & He'd changed my oil & filter .. & He'd had to put 2 u-joints in drive shaft. & He'd read my codes .
.. He didn't build the trans as another old friend did it.
But it does shift great .
. & I explained 4 more jobs I can take to him .
Next one will be delivered in about 3 days .

OP
OP
P

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
Ok I used it again this weekend moving round bales of hay.
My new trans worked great . Motor never got over 190 & IT WAS VERY HOT ABOUT 96*
I USED IT about 3 hours & not a problem one .
FANTASTIC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2023RamWarlock