Transfer Case Noise With Video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Braeden Clark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l
Well I jacked up my truck to try to find my noise. Well, I found jt. Sounds like it's definitely the transfer case. I already have the t case saver in my possession. Just not installed yet. Doing that tomorrow. Hopefully fixes it. If not do all NP231's that come off of 2nd gen 1500s bolt right up? Also, opinions on the noise?

OP
OP
Braeden Clark

Braeden Clark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l
Well I jacked up my truck to try to find my noise. Well, I found jt. Sounds like it's definitely the transfer case. I already have the t case saver in my possession. Just not installed yet. Doing that tomorrow. Hopefully fixes it. If not do all NP231's that come off of 2nd gen 1500s bolt right up? Also, opinions on the noise?

Also, it's got a 2000 5.9l auto. I always forget to add that...

OP
OP
Braeden Clark

Braeden Clark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l

Update. Bought a lower mileage $80 used t case. Installed it and the noise is gone completely.