Transmision code p0934

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dunk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently inherited a 2011 ram 1500 longhorn. It has 55k miles on the odo. The trouble code is p0934 . I know that is line pressure circuit low. The transmision functions normal when warm or after it idles a few mins. If it sits over night and i shift to reverse after 1 minute of start up the trans will slip in reverse . Let it idle one more minute and everything is normal in all gears. My dad had the pressure sensor on the right side of trans replaced, but that didnt cure the problem. Now i have the truck and ive removed the pan and filters. I found that the plastic had deformed and separated from the metal side of the flat filter. It also has a spin on filter. I'll pick up some new filters tomorrow, but my question is wouldn't that split filter cause a low pressure reading if its pulling some air thru the side of the filter? If not does anyone have any suggestions on what i need to check before reassembling. The filters were factory originals that were installed.

20200102_170055.jpg

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Yupp I'd say if the oil is lower than the crack you could Definately have a problem! Are you parking on an incline? The oil suction line is at the back and lowest so it can always get oil, if it's cracked like that and on a hill it's possible this is your issue. Either way it's not right that's for sure. Let me know how it goes I'm curious.

OP
OP
D

Dunk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It was parked on a level surface when i experienced the slip in reverse. I hope that's the problem and no other damage was caused by the filter defect. I've never seen a filter separate like that. I'm thinking the filter was intact when it was orginally installed because i can see witness marks on the plastic from when it slid out from under the metal flange.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Oh ok. Yeah maybe it was a crimp issue or something. Hopefully... Also if you havnt done a trans filter before and it comes with a new retaining sealing gasket the filter slides into the easiest way to get the old one out is with the back side of a 3/8 estension. Its rounded and doesn't scratch like a prypar or other will.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
That’s a somewhat common issue. Seen it a number of times. It absolutely will cause line pressure issues.

OP
OP
D

Dunk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just a quick update. I changed the filters, sealing gasket, refilled fluid, and cleared the errors. I drove it on a 500 mile trip today with multiple stops. No errors and no leaks. I also removed the pressure sensor on the side of the trans and shot some contact cleaner into the hole. Then used air to dry it out just in case it had something in it. Thanks for the tip with the extension trick.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Just a quick update. I changed the filters, sealing gasket, refilled fluid, and cleared the errors. I drove it on a 500 mile trip today with multiple stops. No errors and no leaks. I also removed the pressure sensor on the side of the trans and shot some contact cleaner into the hole. Then used air to dry it out just in case it had something in it. Thanks for the tip with the extension trick.
That's good news! Happy you are back up and running properly. Extension works pretty good hey. [emoji106]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956