Transmission & Antifreeze Maintenance Schedule

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

windymtnman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a 2015 Ram 2500, with a 6.4 motor. The truck has only 69,000 miles on it.
I don't have an owners manual, so am asking here.

How often should I change the transmission fluid and antifreeze? Do you think it is due?

Also, are there grease zerk points in the chassis? In the driveshaft that need greasing?

Please go easy with your comments/criticisms. I'm 73 years old and can't lay under the truck as it
makes me queasy and sick to my stomach for some reason.
Thanks much

Yardbird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here is a link to an online owners manual. You can view it online or download it like I did the one for my truck.

https://manual-directory.com/manual/2015-dodge-ram-1500-2500-3500-owners-manual/

I know what you mean about not being able to do what you once could. I'm closing in on 70, and between old infirmaries and some recent new ones, my days of doing all my own maintenance and repairs are pretty much over. Will still change oil and small things, but the straining and grunting are done.

Lsujker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
coolent is 10 years or 150K miles. transmission is 6 years or 60k (if towing a lot). I believe there is one grease fitting on the rear driveshaft. only place I believe.

My advice, get it all done now. I'm about to take in my 2017 2500 6.5 for all the above, plus brake fluid and diff fluid. i'm at 53K miles.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you plan on keeping your truck, this is the time to do it, now.
Get er done at the dealership and enjoy your ownership experience.
I'd also opt for a new t-stat, too.