Transmission Codes!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Numan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ram 2500--Hemi 5.7
Anyone ever have their truck go into LIMP mode? Got a huge problem my Trans went into LIMP mode-cant speed up past 2500 rpm's after about 5 minutes of driving--if i shut the truck off and start it again i can drive normal for about 5 minutes than goes back into limp mode -cant go no more than about 35-mph in 2nd or 3rd gear --the trans does not feel like its slipping tho it just wont speed up-- check out these Trans codes:

I always had the P0440 code come and go --I thought thats usually bad gas cap or loose gas cap but the others are transmission codes:

PCM (Power Control MOdule) Abnormal 2 codes:

#1-- P0700-Transmission Control System MIL request

#2 -- P0440- Gen Evap Failure

------------------------------------------------------------------------

TCM (Trans Control Module) Abnormal 2 codes:

#1--P1684- Battery was disconnected from PCM

#2--P0734- Gear Ratio error in 4th

I had a P0750 code last year for faulty Transmission Shift solenoid and I replaced that but now all of a sudden AFTER i got my Exhaust manifold replaced at the shop the other day i get these codes..Im not trying to lay blame on anyone but could the mechanic that did my manifold have done anything to cause these codes or could it be just coincidence? The check engine light was on before i took the truck to him-- There shouldve been no reason for him to disconnect power to the PCM to change a manifold right?.... I hope i dont need a new trans --i spent so much on this POS already! Any advice is appreciated!

RAM CODES.jpg

Snake15eyes1998

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well he would have disconnected the negative side of the battery I'm sure. That's just kind of by the books. And depending on which side manifold was replaced. I do believe you have a harness that runs alongside the firewall then drops down into the transmission. And I believe it's really close to one of your manifolds, it's possible maybe something got disconnected when he was doing the replacement or a wire got pinched. The side which had the manifold replaced, look at all the wiring and see if you see any frayed or pinched wires. If you see any damage done, I would take it back to the mechanic that did your manifold. And let them know.