transmission control module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

longdirtroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7l diesel
I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping someone has seen or heard of the problem I am having. I will try to briefly describe it below.
2016 Ram Long Horn 3500 dually 4x4 full size crew cab with Cummings 6.7 l. turbo diesel and Aisin 6 speed transmission. Purchased used, Ram north Florida dealer 7/2019 with 27645 miles.

12/18 shift anomaly: hard shift, trans. lights switch to yellow, check engine light illuminates. Brought to south, south Ram dealer. Dealer found fault code(which not stated) Updated software; Reflashed trans. control module did quick learn procedure. Mileage 31650

5/19 Shift error occurs at 70mph, clunk heard and felt in trans., truck down shifts, trans light change to yellow, check engine light illuminates. Pulled off highway, stopped and restarted, ck. engine remains, but else normal. Brought to south west Ram dealer, fault code 0706 stored. “Preformed diag. test and also followed star case S1721000017”(?), Repositioned main harness behind left front wheel, cleaned connections i255 and range sensor. Mileage 39425

Error reoccurs on way home. Dealer now replaces range sensor (“intermittent open in range sensor causing p0706 dtc”)

10/20 problem reoccurs. Brought to north Florida Ram dealer. Code 0796 present. Dealer replaces range sensor under 2 year shop warranty. Mileage 44661

7/21 Problem occurs again. Fault code 0706 stored, Mileage 46397
I would appreciate any positive feedback anyone has
longdirtroad

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Holy crap! :eek: I sure hope this is all being covered under warranty.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Strange that's it's going 6 months to a year before it pops back up again? Haven't seen many issues reported with the Aisin transmission so may be tough to get any feedback on your issue. Have you tried a transmission shop as opposed to a dealer that just reads codes?

Do you drive in wet or muddy conditions? Might want to check the connector at the transmission and see if there is any dirt or contamination in it. That code has something to do with the P N D shift sensor I think.

jforrest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m having similar issues with my 2018 Dually. It’s been ongoing and inconsistent ever since I bought the truck new. It would clear itself fairly quickly and wouldn’t reappear for 6-9 months until the last few weeks. The engine would race, transmission would shift very hard and many times would get stuck in 3rd gear, hard to tell which gear it is actually stuck in. Now it seems to be stuck permanently. Dealer told me I need a new transmission, the present expensive Aisin transmission is toast. Codes Prsent: PO77 C, PO974, PO868, PO734. 41000 MILES. Waiting for new transmission.