Transmission cooler hose part number needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

safetyfast

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996 Laramie SLT 4x4 Club Cab
Engine
The transmission cooler line has started leaving on my 1996 Ram 5.9 Auto. It’s the line that connects at the bottom of the radiator with a push on fitting and at the other end with a threaded fitting to the metal line. When I did a Mopar parts search it is listed as a discontinued product. Surely there is a retrofit or aftermarket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The hose you are referring to is the line that contains the torque converter drainback valve that prevents fluid from draining out of the converter when sitting. You can pick up the complete cooler line with the rubber hose you are referring to at Oreilly for about $40.00. It is a Dorman part that is normally in stock. The part number is
Part # 624-305

You dont have to replace the complete line if you dont want to. Remove the rubber hose from the new line and install it in place of the leaking one on your truck.

Im not 100% certain about this but I think the Dorman part number for just the rubber line you need is
624-805 but you need to verify that it has the same threaded fitting that your Ram has on the line.

OP
OP
safetyfast

safetyfast

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996 Laramie SLT 4x4 Club Cab
Engine
Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk