Transmission Fluid Temperature

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael Jones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
You need the rfe metal thread upgrade and you cal go with synthetic filters here is the thread. That is the spin on, now the oem sump filter is imo the best just replace with mopar sump filter. For a hot transmission you should look at ester based, which is redline c+ (both ester and pao) which is what I use in my rfe. I did a drop pan and filter change, it took 8 quarts, most people say it took 7 who have done the same.

The one with the hex are the best threads, a lot of guys don't use other upgraded ones over this one.

s-l1600.jpg

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
RevMax and Burla eBay link are equal and better than ATS billet thread?

OK, one more time, I have that thread and it sucks, loose as hell no way to tighten. I wouldn't even give it away, which is why it is sitting in my glovebox. If you buy one, you will regret it. Read the rfe upgrade thread, many of us bought it before Kyle found the other hex one. Kyle bought a ten pack and handed them out like candy, we were greatful.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Or you are talking about bypass again, then whatever, if you want billet go for it, you will just be spending 40 more bucks. Those are simple, all they do it extend the line so the line meets the other line. Actually you could just use line and connections, those just make it easier.

Michael Jones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I was referring to the metal thread for the oil filter inside the transmission pan. Got both ordered. Ats bypass and hex metal thread. Thanks for the info bud.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
I was referring to the metal thread for the oil filter inside the transmission pan. Got both ordered. Ats bypass and hex metal thread. Thanks for the info bud.

Sorry about that, i had just gotten up from a nap and i was honestly confused for a second there. Happy you got everything ordered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Or you are talking about bypass again, then whatever, if you want billet go for it, you will just be spending 40 more bucks. Those are simple, all they do it extend the line so the line meets the other line. Actually you could just use line and connections, those just make it easier.

Off topic for this thread, but, Yesterday or the day before i emailed Sonnax about the Line Pressure Booster and get their response on it, asking them if somehow it manages to keep boosting the pressure during the entire time it’s installed or if it just nulls itself out after a short period of time.

They said and i quote, “ The chip in our booster is able to respond to demand and keep pressures higher in the unit.”

I find this quite interesting considering they seem to know a fair bit about the RFE, but, most likely just a marketing ploy as i really don’t know how you could make it always boost pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk