Transmission hard shift 1st to 2nd only above 80 degrees tans temp??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

weston

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2012 Ram 1500. I recently replaced my shift pack solenoid due to truck getting stuck in 4th gear. Doing this did fix that issue but now for some reason when i drive the truck it shifts fine thru all gears until transmission temp hits 80 degrees. After that it shifts hard from 1st to second only. Then the rest of the shifts are good 2nd thru 6th. The truck can be 79 degrees and under on trans temp and it works fine. But as soon as it reaches 80 degrees the problem begins. Any ideas

Breck Barton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins turbo
I have a 2015 and it had a quick shift from 1st to 2 Nd then a long shift to 3rd then normal shifts thru 6 I don’t know why o have asked and never really got an answer..

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Where did you source the parts? When I did some similar work on my Jeep I read some advice to beware of cheap clone parts from China etc. due to quality control issues. I ended up buying mine from NAPA I think, and they were about 2x the cost of online vendors for the same parts.

Which not to say NAPA never sells Chinese junk, they do, and I’ve returned it. But the transmission is working fine 3 years later.

DJ Maresco

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had that issue and had the trans control module updated at the dealer, ok after.