Transmission issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alonzo Godin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks RamCares, I've already been to a dealer with my problem but they can't help me with this problem. So I decided to try another dealership. I've got an appointment for tomorow morning. I'll post the result later tomorow.
Alonzo

Alonzo Godin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, back from the dodge dealer. They tell me that the problem is internal, either a valve or maybee a blocked oil passage. There are no codes thrown.The problem I have is: When I start my truck and put it in drive, it moves from 1st gear to 2nd gear no problem, but when it comes to shift in 3rd gear, it seem to not want shift as if the clutches were slipping but if I play with manual shifting a few times ( 4 or 5) then it shift and keep going to 6th gear no problem. Once I've done that, I can stop the truck, put it in park, put in neutral, put it in reverse and then take off again without a hitch. But as soon as I shut down the engine, when I restart, the problem happens again. So what happens in the transmission when I shut down the engine for that problem to reappear ?
Thank for the input !

Alonzo

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Thanks RamCares, I've already been to a dealer with my problem but they can't help me with this problem. So I decided to try another dealership. I've got an appointment for tomorow morning. I'll post the result later tomorow.
Alonzo

Hello Alonzo,
Thank you for the follow up message. Please keep us updated, we would be more than happy to assist.
Laura
RamCares

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew
does Ram charge one diagnostic fee for trouble shooting trans issues? or do they charge the hours they can milk you for?

Alonzo Godin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Problem solved !! After my transmission started acting up, I got a brake ABS warning light. It turned out it was the front right one. So I went and changed the bearing which includes the abs system. Well, to my surprise, I went for a test drive for how the bearing and abs were behaving, and my transmission was operating normally !!:) I would never have guessed that it was related !! I've been driving my truck for two days now and everything is normal. Who would have known ?? Not the dealers anyway ! They both told me that it was a transmission internal problem. I'm glad I got a new bearing before getting a new transmission !

Hemi832

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Took mine to a well known transmission company and they drove the truck and said that there was no problems OTHER than Ram keeps doing software updates tweaking stuff that needs left alone. Mine does the rev thing shifting.

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew
Took mine to a well known transmission company and they drove the truck and said that there was no problems OTHER than Ram keeps doing software updates tweaking stuff that needs left alone. Mine does the rev thing shifting.

Do you have the 8 speed? Do you happen to know what they did for tests? Have they done trouble shooting on this trans type before?

Hemi832

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's the 6 speed, had the differential fluid changed and had them check everything because of what it's doing. He ran a diagnostic and that was good.