Transmission Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeerLord

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Their seems to be a possible issue with my 2018 2500. It’s hard to explain or duplicate the issue consistently but I notice it every time I drive the truck, I’ll try to explain it as best as I can.

The issue is when I’m going down a slope with my foot off the gas and then give it gas to pick back up speed there’s slop or travel in the transmission before it picks the load back up. It’s like there’s just a momentary gap in between the resistance of the motor slowing down the truck and then picking the load back up when you give it gas. Sometimes you can hear it make a noise when you give it gas also. It doesn’t do it every time but it doesn’t feel right. The truck is still under warranty till October and I want to take it to the dealership but I’m curious what advice you all might have. Thanks in advance!
Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

46RamMan

U.S. Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Their seems to be a possible issue with my 2018 2500. It’s hard to explain or duplicate the issue consistently but I notice it every time I drive the truck, I’ll try to explain it as best as I can.

The issue is when I’m going down a slope with my foot off the gas and then give it gas to pick back up speed there’s slop or travel in the transmission before it picks the load back up. It’s like there’s just a momentary gap in between the resistance of the motor slowing down the truck and then picking the load back up when you give it gas. Sometimes you can hear it make a noise when you give it gas also. It doesn’t do it every time but it doesn’t feel right. The truck is still under warranty till October and I want to take it to the dealership but I’m curious what advice you all might have. Thanks in advance!
Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is always a chance it is driveline slack either in a ujoint or differential ring and pinion or transfer case gear slack. You would need to get under it and physically look for the issue. Some slack is normal but could be a part failure somewhere in the front or rear driveline also. Good luck and hope it isn't a part failure..