Transmission issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ali07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a 2007 ram 5.7 and I blew the rear end up, it had a 3.92 gear ratio and I put a new axle in it, but the ratio is 3.55, and now the transmission is being funny. When I put it in drive at a stop, it goes untill about 5 mph then it’s nothing. It’s like I’m in neutral. But when I put it in first, it goes just fine then I can shift into drive and it’s normal. Could that be because of the different gear ratio? Or is something wrong with my transmission? The axle under it now is only temporary. Untill I can save enough money to get better differential and the right gears because this one is a little bit worn. But what could it be? Once I’m up to speed it drives perfectly fine.

Snake15eyes1998

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you used 4x4 at all after you did this swap? Like what I said on another post here for mismatched gears. In your case, you don't have the money yet. I would disable your 4x4. You will forget and engage it. Then you're gonna be in the **** creek. Then your gonna be replacing more then just gears.

OP
OP
A

Ali07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Have you used 4x4 at all after you did this swap? Like what I said on another post here for mismatched gears. In your case, you don't have the money yet. I would disable your 4x4. You will forget and engage it. Then you're gonna be in the **** creek. Then your gonna be replacing more then just gears.
My 4wd doesn’t work, and it hasn’t been switched on but one time sense I bought the truck. But I am unplugging the switch tomorrow just to be sure. But yea I am aware. I just hope I dont have to have the trans worked on bevause that gets expensive real quick

Snake15eyes1998

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If it hasn't been switched on since the swap, I don't think it would have anything to do with your gears because the front is pretty much independent from the rear unless the four-wheel drive is engaged. Good luck man, it could also be a solenoid pack going out.