Transmission service 2017 Laramie, North East

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Different Drummer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar V6
That's just a rough estimate,as i've never actually measured the distance,lol. I know my 6 ton jackstands are pretty well maxed out in height though. You're right though,having to have the truck upshift into 2nd with the tires off the ground and the rear-end supported by jack stands is a bit shaky,make sure you block the front tires good so it can't vibrate off the stands.I even leave my floorjack under the pumpkin as an extra measure
That makes me think of another question. Is it acceptable to jack the truck with a jack under the rear gear housing? I have seen other vehicles where this is a definite NO-NO.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
That makes me think of another question. Is it acceptable to jack the truck with a jack under the rear gear housing? I have seen other vehicles where this is a definite NO-NO.

You're pretty safe jacking the rear diff up with a floorjack under the pumpkin,on anything that uses a solid axle.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio