Transmission shudder at 1,000 rpm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoverB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Purchased my first Ram in October 2021, 1500 3.6L Big Horn. I drove the truck for 2 weeks and would notice the truck would run rough at times. I finally narrowed it down to only happening between 1,000 and 1,250 RPMs, while maintaining a constant speed with slight acceleration between 20-40 MPH. If it up shifts past that RPM range, it runs great. On an initial acceleration, it shifts seamlessly. Returned to the dealer, they said they didn’t notice it and blamed it on the “learning” transmission. They did a ”reset” and said to drive it for 2,000 miles. It did seem like it improved driving through the winter months. Now with more moderate temperatures, it is as bad as ever. Best described as a very bad shudder constantly under these specific conditions. I am getting ready to go in for an oil change and thought I would see if anyone here has any ideas? I love this truck, but this annoying enough for me not to keep it. Thanks for any thoughts!

kelleymark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Mine turned out to be bad torque convertor. Back ordered all across North America. finally came in and fixed. shudder and surging all gone.