transmission slip before a shift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This morning I left for work in my ram and i noticed the shift from 1st to 2nd had a slight slip before it shifted. I didn't feel it again for the rest of the way.

I went on my lunch break and drove off. I got on the accelerator pretty good and the shift between 1st and 2nd slipped again but this time the rpms jumped to 4,000.. I let off the gas and it finally engaged with a squeal sound, like a belt squeal. It would slip again when i got back into the throttle so i babied it all the way to town. I did have a tuner installed but on the way back to work i stopped and returned the truck back to stock. I drove off and the shifts jumped up/slips 400-500 rpms before shifting in each gear. I came to a red light and the shifts were normal. The next stop I got into the throttle like i did earlier and it shifted fine like nothing was wrong. But then again the transmission was at operating temp. What could be causing this? Clutch packs? Line pressure? Torque converter? Anyone ever have this issue?

Thanks

OP
OP
badblackram06

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Read the DTC's just now and says p0932 -line pressure sensor circuit

Tranny fluid is at correct level and still looks and smells ok. Pressure sensor plugged in good with clean terminals.

Last edited:

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Sounds like your tranny pressure is low and allowing the clutch to slip. Id take it to the dealer first, then maybe get a sonnax pressure booster. Love mine! Wait... Can you up the pressure with your tuner?

El phono

OP
OP
badblackram06

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like your tranny pressure is low and allowing the clutch to slip. Id take it to the dealer first, then maybe get a sonnax pressure booster. Love mine! Wait... Can you up the pressure with your tuner?

El phono

I was thinking about getting the sonnax line booster but didn't know if it would help. I have a Superchips vivid and there is no option to raise pressure on my 06. I was going to see about a new sensor but can't seem to find one at any part stores.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Do you have the trans tuning option on your tuner? It doesn't come with it automatically, you have to buy it.

OP
OP
badblackram06

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I have the advanced Trans tuning. Before i took the tuner out. I was running the normal Superchips shift schedule and torque management was set at 20%.

It was getting time to do Trans service so I dropped the pan and checked it out a few hours ago. The magnet had a little bit of metal dust but no shavings. I put everything back on correctly and now I'm waiting for the RTV to cure before I fill the pan and drive it.

Also every single one of the pan bolts were loose, like turn them with my fingers loose, but oddly no leaks. Last time the transmission was worked on was at 14,000 miles to "fix" a delayed engagement problem at the dealership. I have 83,000 on it now..