Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rezzy_85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Ok to start I have a 2001 1500 5.9 4x4 auto. Been having issues with my transmission. Have called a couple shops around me for pricing of a rebuild. Truck has almost 240k on it but I know engine has been replaced, ( build sheet says it came with a 318 from factory) just not sure if transmission was replaced also since the 46re was used on both engines.

I have also looked into other transmissions and came across the monster transmissions.

My question is has anyone used the monster transmissions in their arms? I have found lots of reviews on them and to order one is like 1k cheaper than having a local shop rebuild mine.

Any opinions or advice would be appreciated, thanks

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have heard good things about them. Heard only one complaint but Monster fixed it. I would get a slightly built omw so it will last longer

OP
OP
rezzy_85

rezzy_85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
That's what I was thinking. Was only wondering cuz most of what you hear about the monster ones are from the car channels which you know get a kick back for advertising for the companies they promote. That's why I was curious if anyone has used them personally

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Monster advertises well and gets tv deals but ive heard a ton of horror stories. Unless you spend big coin on a nice real expensive built trans they're no different than a stock trans and their workmanship reflects the much cheaper price

OP
OP
rezzy_85

rezzy_85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Monster advertises well and gets tv deals but ive heard a ton of horror stories. Unless you spend big coin on a nice real expensive built trans they're no different than a stock trans and their workmanship reflects the much cheaper price
That's what I was wondering and thought

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Unless you're spending big i personally would avoid them and if I'm spending big im going elsewhere. That's what i did actually and i got a PATC and couldn't be happier with it

OP
OP
rezzy_85

rezzy_85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Unless you're spending big i personally would avoid them and if I'm spending big im going elsewhere. That's what i did actually and i got a PATC and couldn't be happier with it
What would you recommend? I'm not looking to be like out mudding it all the time, but do plan on taking out and about every now and then. Other than that just for farm use

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Honestly I'd just get a stock trans, install a shift kit and delete the cooler check valve then make sure it has an external cooler. Those few things will make these transmissions are basically bulletproof unless you start adding serious power

OP
OP
rezzy_85

rezzy_85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Honestly I'd just get a stock trans, install a shift kit and delete the cooler check valve then make sure it has an external cooler. Those few things will make these transmissions are basically bulletproof unless you start adding serious power
Ok sounds like something I'll look into. Thanks for the tips