Travel Trailer backup camera for 8.4 radio?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jvbuttex

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I-6
Has anyone found a TT back camera that will connect into the 8.4 radio for the view? We bought a TT last hear, and getting to the point I do alot of the backing up/putting it away. Would like to get a rear view camera to mount on the TT. I don't really want another screen up in the cab. Would love to use the stock radio as my display, just like the tailgate backup camera.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I'm guessing you would need to use something like Customtronix to allow the 8.4 to use a selectable second video input. The trailer back up camera receiver (assuming it will be wireless) would need to have an analog output in the cab.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I prefer the dash mounted camera. While backing you can see the camera and mirrors without constantly looking down to the 8.4 and up to the mirrors.

OP
OP
jvbuttex

jvbuttex

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I-6
I'm guessing you would need to use something like Customtronix to allow the 8.4 to use a selectable second video input. The trailer back up camera receiver (assuming it will be wireless) would need to have an analog output in the cab.

Yes I will try to find wireless type. Don't need to run wires in the 30ft trailer. I know the 2019 model radio I have has option for bed camera. I could use that as switch mode. I was hopping by now, someone has figured out a quick easy camera package.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Yes I will try to find wireless type. Don't need to run wires in the 30ft trailer. I know the 2019 model radio I have has option for bed camera. I could use that as switch mode. I was hopping by now, someone has figured out a quick easy camera package.
I think the cameras in the newer trucks are of the digital type, where as the Gen4 trucks are analog. I'm guessing someone like @Mpgrimm2 or @Ricks Ram might know better or have a good idea how to do what your looking for

OP
OP
jvbuttex

jvbuttex

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I-6
True I hate to bug Mike too much up front, as a popular guy, im sure he gets lots of mail. Need to research type of system and see how they connect / output.

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I prefer to have the monitor above as I like to use as an observation camera and still have the 8.4 screen available for my nav or whatever. My setup which is all magnetic, easy up and down.
camera1.jpg

camera2.jpg