Tri Color'd 2013's with Rigid LEDs - Fogs with LEDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There's probably less offensive ways to introduce myself...

But I find it crazy what people will spend to blind other drivers and receive faulty equipment tickets. And in many cases worsen the performance of the lights. I understand that these headlights were built and sold with the clear understanding that they are not street legal, but do you REALLY believe the purchaser was going to remove them any time the truck was to be driven on public roads.

I mean no offense to the guy who built them, he did a great job to say the least. Just a general comment on the practicality of them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
The ignorance of your post is far worse than anything. Properly retrofitted (which these are) lights are not at all blinding to oncoming drivers. This isn't a cheap drop in kit.

Coming in and bashing a good forum vendor is a ****** move, you're going to have a hard time here with this attitude. Don't like something, don't do it.

:flipthebird:

myoung84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The ignorance of your post is far worse than anything. Properly retrofitted (which these are) lights are not at all blinding to oncoming drivers. This isn't a cheap drop in kit.

Coming in and bashing a good forum vendor is a ****** move, you're going to have a hard time here with this attitude. Don't like something, don't do it.

:flipthebird:

X2! A properly done retrofit is actually less offensive than stock lights, IMO...

OP
OP

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I think he's focusing on the LED part of this build.

And......to be honest, I didn't want to do them, but did anyway. It bit me. LOL - they are just too heavy in these lights to work well, they broke the mounts - what a mess.

I get emails ALL the time asking about putting these into lights. I "get" it...but I don't......I mean.....I'm in this business for making a CLEAN light, great output from a source that won't be a glare monster.......the cubes kinda negate that. But, I have less concerns when they are used as a high beam......other than the fact that I think the best place for a LED pod is NOT inside a headlight. LOL

I'm ok with the fog light ones........just not in the actual housing. Get 2, put them on the bracket so it looks clean, run them ONLY when nobody is around - they aren't fogs anymore ya know......

I could go on forever.......like I said, I get emails all the time on these. Moreso in the Fords I do. They want them in the turn signal spot....ok? Sweet........now wheres the signal? LOL - not clean.

Ok, ranting over.........

I get it. But.........in the end, these lights came back, we removed the LED pods, replaced the mounts for the projectors, and got them back. Oddly enough, those rigids went to NY to another builder to pop into a set of Chevys.....high beams. More power to 'em........just not my cup of tea.