Tried to order a loaded ‘22 Laramie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasRam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tried to pull the trigger today and hit two snags;
1) dealer is no longer taking chrysler control numbers. He was the only one taking them in the area until today, and said the Chrysler recently paused the program for our region
2) dealer could not build a Laramie with the night edition. Limited only.

Guess i’ll keep rocking the ‘18 a while longer.

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I can tell that most dealers are not taking control numbers on any HDs. As far as I know, it's not Stellantis that paused it. The dealership itself has the discretion. We have several vehicles that our dealer is not allowing control numbers due to inventory, I didn't even get to use it on my wife's Pacifica. I am trying to get an answer on the night edition however. There was another user in here with the same dilemma.

OP
OP
T

TexasRam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I always thought it was the dealer’s discretion. This particular dealer was only accepting them on custom orders, not inventory vehicles. So to shut that off now for orders leads me to believe that 1) stellantis really did do it or 2) demand is so high that custom orders are reducing their allowable inventory, and thus dropping their bottom line?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The microchip shortage is what is keeping the dealerships from having vehicles to sell

Buyers can't get these items

Windshield Heads Up Display
Digital Rear Mirror
360 degree view
optional camera system

There are other things, but i did not write them all down

To me those items are distractions & i would not use them

They are thousands of vehicles sitting in storage property fields, that are ready to sell, the minute that those microchips are installed

OP
OP
T

TexasRam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I work in the industry; chip shortage will last all of ‘22 if not longer.

Still doesnt explain why the night edition isnt available on a Laramie or why my dealer finally punted control numbers.

A purchase factor for me is that in a few short years HD trucks will fall under CAFE. So before they neuter them even more, I want to get my hands on one. And who knows what the current admin will pull between now and then.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963