Trouble on parts store websites finding 2016 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lavictoire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I traded in my 2003 crew cab Ram a few months ago (which still ran great but rust was spreading) for a 2016 quad cab Ram express. Whenever I go to auto parts websites and try to enter my vehicle details I'm able to enter the vehicle type,year, make, but most sites including Amazon do not give me "Ram" in the dropdown list under model. The only choice I get is Challenger, Charger, Dart, Durango, Grand Caravan, Journey and Viper and I get stuck there not being able to enter my vehicle. I dont remember having that problem before. Anyone else experience this?

Last edited:

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
With the drop down menus are you entering in the year and then Dodge as the make? Most of the websites I have found for the older model Ram (pre 2009), you would have to enter Dodge or Dodge trucks and then the model (Ram 1500, Ram 2500 etc.). Other websites you have to enter the year (2009 and up) and then the make as Ram....not Dodge.

OP
OP
L

Lavictoire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
YES! You are right, THANK YOU! I just retried Oreilly Auto parts again. I was entering Dodge as the make but I just rescrolled way down the list and there is "Ram." This is crazy, all the others listed under "Make" are manufacturers but they have Ram buried in there, not under "Model." You made my day!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
YES! You are right, THANK YOU! I just retried Oreilly Auto parts again. I was entering Dodge as the make but I just rescrolled way down the list and there is "Ram." This is crazy, all the others listed under "Make" are manufacturers but they have Ram buried in there, not under "Model." You made my day!
That's cause they haven't been Dodges since about 2011 or 2012,FCA seperated the trucks and now they're just called Rams

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I have walked into a parts supplier

& the counter person if they are older, will still look under Chrysler, then Dodge

It all depends on how the Parts Books filing system works