Trouble with Bluetooth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
2014 2500 w/8.4 Unconnect. For 6 years the Bluetooth connectivity has worked flawlessly with every phone I've had. I recently got a new phone and it's terrible. Takes forever and about 50% of time just won't connect at all. I'm constantly having to re-pair. So, I looked on the Mopar website and see that the exact Samsung phone model I have isn't listed. Does this mean I'm just out of luck? Is is really possible that Samsung makes a phone that Mopar doesn't support? If so, that's incredibly surprising and lame. The phone is an A51 and is pretty common from my understanding. It has zero issues pairing up with 10+ other devices that I regularly use it with (sound bar,s headphones, TV, etc.).

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I would delete the bluetooth pairing and do a reset of the radio. Have you tried another phone to see if maybe it is the radio that the problem and not just with this phone?

OP
OP
M

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I would delete the bluetooth pairing and do a reset of the radio. Have you tried another phone to see if maybe it is the radio that the problem and not just with this phone?

I did the soft reboot today and it seems the same but I guess I'll need to let some time pass to know for sure. All my other phones have worked flawlessly and this phone works with every other device. The fact that this phone model isn't listed on the Mopar site as "supported" definitely has me concerned. Even with that in mind I have to think Samsung uses the same software and antennas with all their phones but maybe not.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
It might be something with the phone's bluetooth software, for the most part Bluetooth follows a standardize communication protocol that makes it backwards compatible. My latest Moto has Bluetooth 5 and so far no issues with my UConnect ('15).
Maybe try doing a factory reset of the radio?

OP
OP
M

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
It might be something with the phone's bluetooth software, for the most part Bluetooth follows a standardize communication protocol that makes it backwards compatible. My latest Moto has Bluetooth 5 and so far no issues with my UConnect ('15).
Maybe try doing a factory reset of the radio?

After the radio soft-reboot it has connected pretty well a few times today so maybe that's all that was needed. Finger crossed.... thanks!

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
2014 2500 w/8.4 Unconnect. For 6 years the Bluetooth connectivity has worked flawlessly with every phone I've had. I recently got a new phone and it's terrible. Takes forever and about 50% of time just won't connect at all. I'm constantly having to re-pair. So, I looked on the Mopar website and see that the exact Samsung phone model I have isn't listed. Does this mean I'm just out of luck? Is is really possible that Samsung makes a phone that Mopar doesn't support? If so, that's incredibly surprising and lame. The phone is an A51 and is pretty common from my understanding. It has zero issues pairing up with 10+ other devices that I regularly use it with (sound bar,s headphones, TV, etc.).

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCares

Macclad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Dealer will not be able to fix.
I have same issues.
I have friends that work for Stellantis Engineering, I asked them about issues with Bluetooth, the same issues they are having on their own vehicles (my old 2015 truck was flawless) After some digging and talking to the right people...the story goes......Apple increased the cost of using the software, Stellantis refused to pay, now, at least for lower mid range vehicles....Apple decided to mess with software just enough that Stellantis get lots and lots of complaints

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Apple & the other companies come out with something 3 or 4 times a year

Your Ram radio has no way to keep up

Apple has always taken joy in not making their new products Backwards compatible for several months.
When enough Ram owners buy the new phone & then complain 'en masse', Apple will write a Patch

Apple started doing this same crap way back in 2009

usually you can go to the Apple site & read what comments Ram owners are making

Last edited: