Trouble with Fog Light install 2021 Warlock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoparDave79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello guys and gals,

I have a 2021 Ram 1500 Classic Warlock. I am trying to add OEM fog lights and almost have it but lacking one item.

I have the bumper fog light bezels, the OEM led fog lights, the harness from M2mods, the new headlight switch with fog light option.

I am lacking the jumper wire that goes from fog light to fog light. I have tried both the harnesses that Mopar said it could be but neither of them are working. I have tried the one that has one groove and one with two grooves. neither of them work. the first pic is the fog light. IMG_2261.PNGthumbnail_IMG_2264.pngthumbnail_IMG_2265.png IMG_2261.PNGthumbnail_IMG_2264.pngthumbnail_IMG_2265.png

ntmd8r03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Part number 68271557AA is listed as Front Fascia Wiring and has the correct connectors. If you get them working let me know. I have completed the install and made the adjustments to the computer. I have voltage to the connectors, but no lights.

Southernab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am experiencing the same I have 12v at connector but no light. My fog lights did come on for a second after enabling bcm but won't light up now. Not sure what problem is.

ntmd8r03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am experiencing the same I have 12v at connector but no light. My fog lights did come on for a second after enabling bcm but won't light up now. Not sure what problem is.
When you were making the changes to the computer did you adjust the setting CBC Features-LED Front Fog Lamps Present to yes? When I first made the adjustments to my computer I did not do that and when I tested the lights I thought I saw them come on for a second and then they never came on again. I went back to the computer found that setting and changed, but the lights did not come on. I ended up returning the lights for replacements as I felt they must be faulty. I got the replacements in this week and every thing works. I wonder if the lights could be damaged by not setting the computer for the presence of LED fog lights. I hope this helps, if you had already adjusted that setting it could just be bad lights.

Southernab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did it the same way as you I must of smoked those lights before changing the led setting. Thanks for the update I'll try another set.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Try the fog lights with the ignition on the the engine not running. If they light up with the engine off there is a problem with the BCM not liking your LEDs, most likely need a resistor. If the fogs don't light up I would suspect an electrical or bulb problem.

michaelw31

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
How do you actually install the lights themselves? Did you remove the lower bumper or did you work your way through the wheel well?

I removed the grill and saw what appeared to be mounting brackets behind the bumper but I had no way of getting in there. It seems to me installing the lights will be more daunting than wiring them.

michaelw31

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
I have a 2021 Warlock and was concerned after reading some of the problems people ran into when installing the fog lights. I'm unsure if it actually makes a difference, but I changed the following settings found in another thread before connecting the harness to the electrical:

CBC Config I/O - Connector A Pin 01 and Connector D Pin 13: Front Fog Lamps Out Present YES
CBC Features - Front Fog Lamp Dropout Enabled YES
CBC Features - LED Front Fog Lamps Present YES

My logic was that I wanted to confirm AlfaOBD worked for me and the changed settings were saved before connecting the lights in fear of burning them out. After changing them in AlfaOBD, I disconnected the battery again, connected the harness, reconnected the battery, and tried the lights in RUN before starting the engine. Everything worked as expected.

Big thanks to MPGRIMM and M2 Mods for the help and always being available to answer a few questions. If you follow their directions exactly as they are written you'll have no issues.

Nitroman78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
Did u guys get em working? Voltage regulator if they’re not can bussed from factory, resistor as above mentioned or the settings in menu, however dodge is bery stickler for ground outs and their grounds terminate as hots anywhere else. Very infuriating and lessons learned haha..anywho try also sending another ground to the frame / or chassis up near battery good luck

jeanbacan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I also have an 21 Warlock and have couple of questions. Id like to install all OEM but put LED lights on it.
Can I still use the part 68271557AA and just put a amazon led later? (Led with CANBUS)
Whats the difference between one/two piece bumper?
When installing the switch, do I need to pass the switch cables to the front of the car? Like battery or ETC? (Saw video on YT passing through the fire wall)
Im from canada so Im not sure M2 Mods will send cable over here and be cheaper than an OEM cable. If not, what would be the part needed to order?

Thanks

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I also have an 21 Warlock and have couple of questions. Id like to install all OEM but put LED lights on it.
Can I still use the part 68271557AA and just put a amazon led later? (Led with CANBUS)
Whats the difference between one/two piece bumper?
When installing the switch, do I need to pass the switch cables to the front of the car? Like battery or ETC? (Saw video on YT passing through the fire wall)
Im from canada so Im not sure M2 Mods will send cable over here and be cheaper than an OEM cable. If not, what would be the part needed to order?

Thanks
If you order part number 68466268ab thats the number for led fog light. I just installed them in my 2021 warlock. I wired mine differently so I can turn them on and off when I want and not deal with can bus issues or software to turn them on.

jeanbacan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
That wont go with the 68271557AA harness correct? What would be the correct hardness for the fog light you mentioned

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That wont go with the 68271557AA harness correct? What would be the correct hardness for the fog light you mentioned
That is correct I just changed the plug on the 68271557aa harness with the connector in the picture. You could call mopar parts and find the correct harness

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220117-180835_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220117-180835_Chrome.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 11

Hydra21Warlk158

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Part number 68271557AA is listed as Front Fascia Wiring and has the correct connectors. If you get them working let me know. I have completed the install and made the adjustments to the computer. I have voltage to the connectors, but no lights.
Where does the fascia connect to from chassis? Can’t find anything.