Troubleshooting rear speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kodoz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Both my rear door speakers on my 07' are dead. I pulled the head unit today to make sure the wiring was correct, and it is. What's the next step in troubleshooting this? The fact that it's both sides has me confused.
-- could the speakers just be dead?
-- is there a weak point in the wiring between the head unit and the door that I can check?
-- what's the least painful way to get sound coming from the back?

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They sometimes break inside the black accordion looking tube that's in between the frame and the door. Now if they both went out at the same time that could be a different issue.

OP
OP
K

kodoz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thanks...I'm planning to start with replacing those first.

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
1st place to start is with checking the fader setting in the radio. Next, I would take a known good speaker from the front door and put it in the rear door. Did the problem stay with the speaker or with the door?

OP
OP
K

kodoz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thanks for your help! I did isolate the problem to the door, and it was the harness. The wires weren't shredded but they were visibly kinked. Replaced the harnesses and the speakers are working again.