Truck cab cover or whole truck cover recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tona Tona Tona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I want to get a good quality, good fitting cab cover for my new quad cab 1500. I could possibly go for a whole truck cover, but don't know if I want to deal with putting on and off something that big. Any recommendations from somebody who already has one? If you bought something and it's junk, I wouldn't mind hearing about that too. Thanks a bunch for your suggestions...

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I had a custom cab cover made from Sunbrellas that has flaps that go inside the top of the front doors to keep it from blowing off the truck. I also have a full size cover that I used a couple of times and has been stored every since. When it rains I don't want to deal with a large wet truck cover to use the truck. During the peak of the rainy season I use a plastic tarp and bungee cords over the truck and I keep the cab cover stored away until spring.

odinjunior

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I looked today and could not find a Cab only cover. I would just like to cover the windows to keep the sun out. Don't need to cover the whole truck. It's going to get to 117 here on Sunday.

OP
OP
T

Tona Tona Tona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the input you guys. Will be shopping around. I would use mine mainly in the summer to keep the hot sun out of and off the truck. Maybe a separate one for the bed if they have one. I know they're made like that, as I saw one before I was in the market.
Thanks again!

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I have 3 covers for my pickup and its cap/shell. The one I use the most when it is not raining is a cloth one that covers only the cab and it has a flap on its side that is used with the windows closed on the flap to keep the cover from blowing off. My wife made it from Sunbrella.

During the winter I use a very large 18x24 16 mil tarp that covers the truck and cap 100% on all four sides. The Harpster tarps are good for more than 5 years with constant UV exposure.

I have a large conventional truck car cover that I use both on the pickup and on a Chevy full size SUV but only for when I want to keep dust of them for a day or two. The problem with the regular car covers is that they are by no means 100% waterproof and they collect dirt and the only way to clean them is by hand in a bathtub.

There are cab snow covers sold on Amazon that cover only the windows of the cab and make it a lot easier to head out in the morning without having to scrape the glass. Marksign is one brand of this type of car cover.