Truck Downshifts to 2nd Randomly on highway speeds no codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KUELWHIP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I have a 2013 Ram with 181,000 just took it to the shop and had a new throttle body installed, intake replaced, map sensor cleaned. Yet it is randomly downshifting from 5th to 2nd and then corrects itself and also sometimes at 70 will come out of overdrive and go back. I hooked up the shops programmer and watched the wheel bearing sensons and everything was normal when it did this. No codes are being thrown and not showing anything on the screen. A few years ago this happened and it was the front right hub bearing.
I am personally at a loss and have no idea what to do does anyone have any ideas to help me out? Thanks

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does your tk have the RFE 6-spd or 8-spd trans?

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Clogged transmission oil filter? Low or bad fluid, or maybe a bad control solenoid.

OP
OP
K

KUELWHIP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for Responding, I have taken it in to get checked, recently replaced the throttle body, air filter, and spark plugs. Checked Transmission fluid and filter and everything is solid. Ran a programmer on it while driving to watch the wheel hub sensors and transmission, no codes and everything runs smooth. It did downshift to 2nd and back to 5th although it throws no codes whatsoever.

I have the 6speed Transmission

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for Responding, I have taken it in to get checked, recently replaced the throttle body, air filter, and spark plugs. Checked Transmission fluid and filter and everything is solid. Ran a programmer on it while driving to watch the wheel hub sensors and transmission, no codes and everything runs smooth. It did downshift to 2nd and back to 5th although it throws no codes whatsoever.

I have the 6speed Transmission
Was it doing this before you replaced all the parts, or did it only start after the parts were replaced?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45