Truck is shaking, what a shocker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Carrier bearing , roadforce balance the tires.rear control arm bushings . Start a new thread of your own for more responses, piggybacking will limit them.
I have a 2016 Ram 2500. The death wobble is from trucks between 03 to 09 I believe and I don't think it was the tires that caused it. Anyways, my truck also shakes, at all speeds now. I have had my bearings replaced, pulleys replaced, and tires balanced twice. Still shakes and bounces, if you figure it out please let us know, mechanics seem at a loss.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
I have a 2016 Ram 2500. The death wobble is from trucks between 03 to 09 I believe and I don't think it was the tires that caused it. Anyways, my truck also shakes, at all speeds now. I have had my bearings replaced, pulleys replaced, and tires balanced twice. Still shakes and bounces, if you figure it out please let us know, mechanics seem at a loss.
As Mentioned, start a new thread for most replies.

I'd suggest balancing the driveshaft.
Might go with Michelin tires or a better tire than whatever you currently have.

Those 2 things cured most of the vibration on my 2014.
Going down the road, passenger head rest looked like a piece of chicken in a shake n bake bag.
One of those dancing Hawaiian girls hips, on crank, hooked up to an air hose.

Rasworld84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
*UPDATE* sorry I haven't posted this sooner, deer season took over. Just as it does for most of us.

So I took my truck to my local 4 wheel drive shop. I advised them of the situation, they told me to drop it off and they would let me know, Yada Yada Yada.

About an hour later they called me and gave me the diagnosis.... TIRES! Big shocker. They also advised me my steering rack was loose which was causing the violent vibration. They tightened the rack up and gave it back and quoted me a price on some new tires.

I drove it on the highway to check and see if the vibration settled down, which it did tremendously! But there is still a vibration from the tires.

Now my fellow Ram enthusiasts, I need your help once again. I don't want cheap junk tires, but I want to know who has the best bang for my buck. Any suggestions on a wholesaler or retailer would be appreciated!!!!

Thank you for all who responded so quickly in anything I asked. You guys have been a big help.
Any update on your vibration? Did tires solve your problem or something else?

OP
OP
This_Guy1

This_Guy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah sorry i thought i updated this but obviously i didnt.

I bought new tires (Patogonia Milestar 37x12.50x20 MT) had them mounted and balanced and BOOM. No more vibrations, she drives like a dream now.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They also advised me my steering rack was loose which was causing the violent vibration. They tightened the rack up and gave it back and quoted me a price on some new tires
just a note your truck has an EPS, (electric power steering) there is no adjustments to be made, unless the mounts for the steering rack bushings were loose.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Replace the tires. It is a known problem with what is called death wobble that the belts on the tires will start to separate and cause this. The tire may look fine but once dismounted you can sometimes even see the deformation on
Oops, old thread !

Last edited: