Truck not starting after grid heater delete and P020 codes.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

odins_rule

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
This past week (4 days ago) I installed a grid heater delete on my deleted 2012 6.7. The install was really straight forward following the various write-ups and youtube videos. While I had the fuel rail out I replaced the sensor with one I've had for years after my truck threw a code for it a few years back (pressure relief delete seemed to fix that code). I followed every step without any issues, even took the truck out for a test drive and made a few pulls at operating temps. It ran great with no high pressure leaks. The following day on my way to work while driving on the hwy at about 55mph I got a CEL. When I pulled into work I checked and cleared the codes. It consisted of, P020A, P020B, P020C, and P020D which are all injector timing codes for each cylinders 1-4. The truck didn't drive any differently so I figured I didn't push the injector wiring harness plugs in tight enough so the following day I pulled the harness plugs off at the valve cover and cleaned the contacts and plugged them back in. The following 2 days I had no issues and thought I solved that slight hiccup. Last night on my way home from work I accelerated while going up a small hill and that seemed to cause the CEL to come back on with the same P020 codes. When I got home I cleared the codes again because the truck was still running fine. This morning I decided to check all the wiring again and everything is plugged in and appears to be fine and with no fuel leaks. I went to start my truck shortly after and It cranked over but it wouldn't start. It sounds a bit rough like it wants to start but won't. No cigar even after letting the lift pump cycle a bunch of times. I'm scratching my head here at a bit of a loss.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio