Truck of the month

Discussion in 'Truck of the Month' started by Dustin Steffey, Mar 20, 2018.

1. 2018NightRam

2018NightRam Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi
    Me too. I'd love to see it come back

2. 2018NightRam

2018NightRam Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi
    Me too. Bring it back!

3. JD Martin

JD Martin Member Military Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Most of the car forums I have ever been on has some version of this. I like it but also see how over time it dwindles down to nothing. I think the "problem" is that people either only vote on something that has 1000 mods on it and, simultaneously, people that just have more or less "stock" vehicles don't bother entering their vehicle.

I vote on these things based on presentation. I'll vote for something totally stock if the picture and the setting are fantastic. "TOTM" doesn't have to mean that it's got a 6" lift or is scraping the ground (god forbid), or that it's been debadged or had a fully customized interior. "Of the month" should just mean "I like it better than any of the other entries".

Considering how long there's been a Dodge Ram, and that there's 69k members here (according to my statistics bar), I can't see how there couldn't be 3-5 decent entries every month. And rather than just have a big stock of entries, someone - a moderator, the site owner, a volunteer, a committee - could solicit entries, gather them all up, and pick some reasonable number of contestants for the month - maybe saving extras for the months where there's slim pickings.

Also: I think these things work better if the voting is hidden. If no one can see who anyone else voted for, there's a reasonably equal shot for all the competitors. When the vote totals are obvious people tend to flock to the one or two that already have the most votes. I'd love to see 2019's winning "TOTM" right along side sweet early 1980's models.

Finally: it's pretty cool when your vehicle of the month shows up on the front page of the site. Most of the forums I've been on did it that way and it really engenders a sense of pride in the vehicle. For many people it's their "15 minutes" of fame :)

Krein, dodgeramfan and KA1OTE like this.