Truck shake!!!!! I NEED SERIOUS HELP PLEASE....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nellum87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Bought a 2017 ram 1500 crew cab in June and it has a six inch lift. I just had my truck at a local dealership to fix the shake. The tires were new in June and they were balanced and had an alignment done, rims are not bent either. I believe the truck was used to plow with also if that matters.The dealership said it was the rear end and they replaced that along with the rear shocks. My truck was with them for over 8 weeks. The shake would start around 45-50 mph and would get worse the faster I went. I just got my truck back on Tuesday and got it up to 80 on the highway and it was fine. I'm from Pennsylvania and we got hammered with 36 plus inches of snow on Wednesday/Thursday. Well on Thursday I got it up to 45 and it shook again and yesterday I was going down the highway 65-70 and it was so bad I slowed down to 60. I'm taking it to the carwash later today and spraying the underside in hopes of it just being caked with snow/ice. If this doesn't fix anything anyone have any ideas? I just spent $3500 for the rear end and feel as if the dealership is just guessing what could be wrong with it. The shake is coming from the front end, it feels as if it is below me. With this having a 6 inch lift could it be something with the driveshaft? I also researched this problem and it mentioned something about the cv axle. The original dealership where I bought it from was going to replace this and then said they were not and that the shake from the lift. This truck only has 35,000 miles on it and I am the second owner. The truck originally came from Canada and I was told by Chrysler that the warranty wasn't transferred to the US so I'm bascially stuck with this truck and the shake. Other than the shake the truck is amazing, but I can't continue to drive this the way it is. I can't have it gone for another 8 weeks to get "fixed" and definitely don't want to fork over more money for something I don't know if it will work. I am in need of any kind of help or advice. I'm located in Rome,pa if anyone knows of any shops that specialize with rams or lifted trucks.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You posting your problems over and over and over will not get you answers quicker. Check your rims for ice or snow, I think tires also may contribute to your shake.

VelocityC6Z

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I mentioned this before, but with a lifted truck you should be checking your hub assemblies for play.

Bent wheel? Broken belts in the tires? Play in the steering shaft? There's several variables here, and I think you just need to keep taking it to the dealership with your experience level, based on how your post comes across? We can throw ideas and possibilities out there all day, none of them would be off base, just not a guarantee that any of us will be right.

Not trying to pass any negative judgement, I just think we're not going to be much help here without some more technical details. And unfortunately I think the technical details we need may just be out of your level of experience.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
@Nellum87 being that it went away and came back is kind of a good sign that somewhat rules out a belt shifting in the tire. I would go to a suspension shop because they will have access to road force wheel balancing and also can do a once over on your lift. To make sure what is there is correct. The only real way to describe a shake problem is to drive it and feel it. Words and pictures just won’t cut it unfortunately. Good luck with finding a place

Brian2081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello Nellum, this is off topic but might help with your other issue "warranty". If the truck when new was first registered in Canada as a fleet vehicle (rental), go to the dealer and let them now that the truck was originally a fleet vehicle in Canada and you would like the remainder of the factory warranty transfered back.
They may ask for proof. Carfax should show this along with when truck entered Canada. My 16 2500 is from Ontario.