Truck shipping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
New one forum so just seeing anyone else has had this issue. I ordered a 2022 truck built it to what i wanted in 12/31/21 got the vin number and had to bug dealership to get updates and finally had some news said it was built and shipped on march 6th 22. Guy said 1 Tom 2 weeks for shipping so 2 weeks went by not shipped yet still not update so know it 4 16 22 and still not update and no delivery date. Heard a rumor dealerships are holding trucks waiting for ppl to back out so they can make more money on the truck and I can get a lawyer to speed up the delievery. What does any body think of my issues. Will it be 6 months before the truck ships or should I keep pushing dealership. The guy keeps telling me nothing they can do.

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
The dealership is at the mercy of the shipping process. Dealerships can get penalized for cancelled sold orders if they happen often so I don't see them doing this. Not saying that some don't, but you can lose your allocations by doing so. I have ordered three units since the first of the year. A 2500, and two TRXs. The 2500 delivered in just under 60 days, on TRX (ordered 1/27 will be here next week) and the other order 2/14 still is in D1 status. Unfortunately there is no ryme or reason to getting sold orders in right now. On top of that, our VIN track system has been down for 3 days and I cannot even track them right now.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
New one forum so just seeing anyone else has had this issue. I ordered a 2022 truck built it to what i wanted in 12/31/21 got the vin number and had to bug dealership to get updates and finally had some news said it was built and shipped on march 6th 22. Guy said 1 Tom 2 weeks for shipping so 2 weeks went by not shipped yet still not update so know it 4 16 22 and still not update and no delivery date. Heard a rumor dealerships are holding trucks waiting for ppl to back out so they can make more money on the truck and I can get a lawyer to speed up the delievery. What does any body think of my issues. Will it be 6 months before the truck ships or should I keep pushing dealership. The guy keeps telling me nothing they can do.

If you ordered a CTD truck based on my trucks rail time it can be 8 weeks in transit from MX ( depending on where it has to go) that is unless it missed the train and has to sit in MX lot until the next batch is ready to be shipped, btw my truck spent just shy of 3 weeks in Spokane WA rail yard waiting for it to be unloaded so it could be picked up by dealers transport truck to go 75 miles to dealers lot...

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
When a rail road freight car is being loaded down in Saltillo Mexico. Every Ram on that rail car is going to one State, unless 2 or 3 small States unload at the same Railroad freight yard.
So 8 or 10 Rams going to the same destination have to built, before that freight car leaves Saltillo Mx.

OP
OP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
The trucks going to vegas the dealer said they have 5 other trucks waiting as well. Its been sitting in the mexican rail yard since march 6th with no movement the dealer told me which I find odd.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Do you have a signed contract with the dealer? Some of the local dealers around here are taking deposits with no contract signed and no final price nor written build sheet as an agreement.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
The trucks going to vegas the dealer said they have 5 other trucks waiting as well. Its been sitting in the mexican rail yard since march 6th with no movement the dealer told me which I find odd.
They should just have an illegal drive it across the border. It would be much faster.

OP
OP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
I have a contract saying I agree to pay the build price and I put 1000 bucks down. I ordered to go pick up my truck and the other 4 vehicles my self he said I couodnt do that. He tells me every time call theres no new update and he checks every day but he never reaches out im the one that always contacts him.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Ram 1500s don't cross the Southern Border

All Heavy Duty Rams have to cross the Southern Border
at Eagle Pass Texas, they are in a Locked Up freight car that is built specifically for moving vehicles.

People that can't legally enter the U.S.A. may ride on the freight train, or even in some box cars
BUT, they can't Stop a freight train, they will not attempt to enter a freight car that is carrying new vehicles.

You will never see it in writing, but a certain group that illegally runs Mexico is being paid Mordida or the Bite to keep new vehicles moving & safe from being damaged or stolen.
This group does their job maybe a bit radically

Last edited:

Brandonbbbb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi etorque
I ordered 2/20/2022 and it looks like the build was finished in late April. Its been in shipping mode and sent to a storage yard with no eta

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Try using this website to find out where your Ram is

Downzero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just an update on my order:
2500 big horn night edition
Ordered. Feb 22
Built. May 16
Shipped. May 29
Estimated delivery. July 4. (Not to sure about this date)

coobie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 big horn
Engine
5.7 hemi
Ordered 2022 RAM 1500 BigHorn 4X4 crew cab 4/19/22 only have the VIN number..

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
I have a contract saying I agree to pay the build price and I put 1000 bucks down. I ordered to go pick up my truck and the other 4 vehicles my self he said I couodnt do that. He tells me every time call theres no new update and he checks every day but he never reaches out im the one that always contacts him.
It‘s not unusual frankly. My dealer is in Vegas, and the truck has shipped but the overall date for arrival keeps moving. It is what it is. Cars moving in the US only are shipping much, much faster. Maybe Chrysler will start thinking about the value to have trucks made within our borders, and with US sourced and produced parts. If COVID has taught us anything; don’t depend on other countries for what you need to build right here at home.

I honestly can’t wait for my truck to be here. It has been built since May 4th and shipped May 13. Last week it was scheduled to arrive Father's Day weekend. Now it is the week following. It will be here when it gets here.

OP
OP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
I ordered mine Dec 29th and in Vegas as well and has been built and shipped since March 6th and no update since that time I hope you get your truck when they say at least you have a date I just get no update still waiting

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Right on time
4 months is the average timing for Ram built in Mexico
& that was the timing before COVID

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
:( Another truck ordered after mine that has already been delivered. I must have horrible luck!