Truck shipping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pugtracker

Reaction score
When a rail road freight car is being loaded down in Saltillo Mexico. Every Ram on that rail car is going to one State, unless 2 or 3 small States unload at the same Railroad freight yard.
So 8 or 10 Rams going to the same destination have to built, before that freight car leaves Saltillo Mx.
Order mine in March still waiting

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Hey guys, we received our truck Friday!!! Ordered 3/12/22 Laramie 3500 Night Edition HO; delivered 7/8
I am trying to figure out what the delay was on my truck. Did you order the 5th wheel prep group? I have been seeing a lot of 3500 single & dual wheel trucks on dealer lots that do not have 5th wheel prep group. Thought maybe that is how they were pushed through so fast.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I have been reading about Rams coming out of Saltillo Mexico

It has to be the lack of semiconductors, that is holding everything up.

Well guess what, remember all those USA microchip plants that were going to be built in , New York, Ohio, Arizona, etc.
OUR gov't has been holding up building factories & producing chip, because they can't decide how money will be allocated to help companies cover expenses.

The country’s first silicon carbide chip plant opened earlier this year in April in Marcy, New York, and more of these facilities – or “fabs” – are on the way.

However, plans for an American resurgence in semiconductor manufacturing have hit a major roadblock. The current wave of investment in domestic chip manufacturing arrived on the heels of the Creating Helpful Incentives to Produce Semiconductors (CHIPS) for America Act, a bill that would offer as much as $52 billion in funding for domestic fab investment.

But Congress has yet to formally allocate the funds to support the bill. This has left companies that expected substantial subsidies as part of their investment in limbo – and some of them are starting to push back.

In June, Intel halted development of its Ohio plant indefinitely. Soon after, Taiwanese chip manufacturer GlobalWafers said its proposed $5 billion fab in Texas would only come to fruition if the bill receives funding.

However, on July 19, the Senate voted to move the funding bill forward. While the CHIPS Act still has a few steps to go before it can officially become law, its funding could help domestic fab producers make significant progress.

actually automotive chips are fairly low on the Importance List
Cell phones, TVs, & Medical Devices are way ahead of Automotive

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel

It has to be the U.S. Railway & the lack of semi conductors that are holding certain Heavy Duty Rams

The American Rail Companies supply the enclosed car hauling freight cars. Most car hauling freight cars that are in Mexico are owned by Union Pacific & BNSF

Mexican Government owns the Rail Track & leases it to Concessionaires like
Ferromex is the largest railroad in Mexico, with 597 locomotives
Ferromex hauls the American car haulers from the Mexican/American Border south to Mexico City & back up to Eagle Pass Texas

1666822769468.png

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD

It has to be the lack of semiconductors, that is holding everything up.

Well guess what, remember all those USA microchip plants that were going to be built in , New York, Ohio, Arizona, etc.
OUR gov't has been holding up building factories & producing chip, because they can't decide how money will be allocated to help companies cover expenses.

The country’s first silicon carbide chip plant opened earlier this year in April in Marcy, New York, and more of these facilities – or “fabs” – are on the way.

However, plans for an American resurgence in semiconductor manufacturing have hit a major roadblock. The current wave of investment in domestic chip manufacturing arrived on the heels of the Creating Helpful Incentives to Produce Semiconductors (CHIPS) for America Act, a bill that would offer as much as $52 billion in funding for domestic fab investment.

But Congress has yet to formally allocate the funds to support the bill. This has left companies that expected substantial subsidies as part of their investment in limbo – and some of them are starting to push back.

In June, Intel halted development of its Ohio plant indefinitely. Soon after, Taiwanese chip manufacturer GlobalWafers said its proposed $5 billion fab in Texas would only come to fruition if the bill receives funding.

However, on July 19, the Senate voted to move the funding bill forward. While the CHIPS Act still has a few steps to go before it can officially become law, its funding could help domestic fab producers make significant progress.

actually automotive chips are fairly low on the Importance List
Cell phones, TVs, & Medical Devices are way ahead of Automotive
We have to hold up the money there because we spent it all with the student loan forgiveness. Got to have priorities! :D

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The families that need both home owners working to make payments, was eliminated in many cases when those families started getting Booster checks in the mail.

My thinking is those checks have to stop to put that particular group back to work.
At my dealership, there used to be 7 Service Advisers, now they have 2 SAs & Dodge Greeters.
A vehicle pulls in, a Greeter comes out of the little room & greets the vehicle owner, then they have a scratch pad that they jot all your information down & ask about your reason to be there.,

Then just before they ask for your FOB, the real SA comes out & verifies the information & gives you an approximate wait time.
They no longer have any Courtesy Drivers, they used to have 2.

Then you are told to call a family member or an Uber.
Well, i don't have a Smart Phone, so no Uber, so i have to wait for them to service my Ram.
Sometimes my apartment manager is available.

We need to get people back to work, even for part time help

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
The families that need both home owners working to make payments, was eliminated in many cases when those families started getting Booster checks in the mail.

My thinking is those checks have to stop to put that particular group back to work.
At my dealership, there used to be 7 Service Advisers, now they have 2 SAs & Dodge Greeters.
A vehicle pulls in, a Greeter comes out of the little room & greets the vehicle owner, then they have a scratch pad that they jot all your information down & ask about your reason to be there.,

Then just before they ask for your FOB, the real SA comes out & verifies the information & gives you an approximate wait time.
They no longer have any Courtesy Drivers, they used to have 2.

Then you are told to call a family member or an Uber.
Well, i don't have a Smart Phone, so no Uber, so i have to wait for them to service my Ram.
Sometimes my apartment manager is available.

We need to get people back to work, even for part time helphERE i H
No greeters at my Ram dealer or when we take wife's SUV to Toyota, we just walk in to the service area and wait to speak to a SA...

Digital Rogue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
My 2500 finished assembly on August 12 and is sitting in Mexico waiting to ship. RAM executive staff should be fired......

Twinklan

Reaction score
The waiting game for your 2500 sounds like a real nail-biter. August 12 assembly and still chillin' in Mexico? The patience game is strong with you!

Have you ever checked out A-1 Auto Transport? They might have some insights or tips to ease the wait or make the shipping process smoother. Here's to hoping your RAM hits the road soon!

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
The waiting game for your 2500 sounds like a real nail-biter. August 12 assembly and still chillin' in Mexico? The patience game is strong with you!

Have you ever checked out A-1 Auto Transport? They might have some insights or tips to ease the wait or make the shipping process smoother. Here's to hoping your RAM hits the road soon!
Not much one can do when ICE shut down all rail traffic coming out of MX and moved personal to other areas to deal with other border problems

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Ordered my 2500 on 11/30/23 and it shipped on 1/03/24. Arrived at the dealership on 1/27/24 and I picked it up on 1/31/24.

Adam