truck wobble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BMXGURU

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
2003 dodge ram 1500 quad cab 4x4 , driving on highway ,when i change lanes my truck gives a shimmy or wiggle ,only when my driver side tire goes from one lane to next ,or if im driving in the slow lane ,in which 18 wheelers have worn ripples into road ,my truck will wobble from left to right ,like im on the lake with my boat taking the wave from the side, what could this be causing this problem ,tires are new ,put new front shocks on ,new sway bar links and sway bar bushings on,could sway bar be slightly off (left to right ) do this, no death wobble,but just this truck wobble ,seems to have started after i replaced all these items, (monroe shocks) any ideas what it is or what can i check

Recoil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Jack up the truck so the front driver's tire is off the ground and move the tire side to side and up and down. If it moves more than normal or if you hear popping/clunking/etc. then you have some bad steering components. If you aren't sure what "normal" movement should be, first jack up the passenger side and to the same thing on that tire first. If those components are good, it should give you a feel for what the driver's side should feel like.