Truck won't start...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

Frankd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
ME THINKS the OP's RF Hub is out, but as U know, INTERNET GUESSNOSIS at it's Best !!!
Well apparently they're saying it was the RF hub and the battery. And so even though I tried putting in a new battery, it didn't solve the problem because the RF hub was also faulty. Kinda sounds like BS to me, as does a $400 battery. But at this point they've got me by the balls. I haven't had a truck in 2 weeks and am driving an enterprise rental that I had to pay for myself

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well apparently they're saying it was the RF hub and the battery. And so even though I tried putting in a new battery, it didn't solve the problem because the RF hub was also faulty. Kinda sounds like BS to me, as does a $400 battery. But at this point they've got me by the balls. I haven't had a truck in 2 weeks and am driving an enterprise rental that I had to pay for myself
My 850 CCA Duralast Premium Battery, H7, stock size was $262.00.

BUT OP< glad you are getting an answer to your problem. NOW U R at the mercy of the Supply Stuff till part comes in. U could always get the part number from order form at Dealership and call around and see if another dealership has one, U can get sent. Yer Dealership not gonna do that. Heck, I am still awaiting on a New E Fan for my RAM was ordered 1 Feb 2022, figure it might come in around 2025...

OP
OP
F

Frankd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
My 850 CCA Duralast Premium Battery, H7, stock size was $262.00.

BUT OP< glad you are getting an answer to your problem. NOW U R at the mercy of the Supply Stuff till part comes in. U could always get the part number from order form at Dealership and call around and see if another dealership has one, U can get sent. Yer Dealership not gonna do that. Heck, I am still awaiting on a New E Fan for my RAM was ordered 1 Feb 2022, figure it might come in around 2025...

So the part is actually in. They've had it since last Friday. They just didn't get around to installing it. Every time I called they would say the car is on the lift and it would be ready that day. But then it was never ready.

Called again this morning and they said that it's"on the lift" and will be ready today....

Im just annoyed because I had tested the old battery and the voltage was a little low but it was fine. Then I charged it with a battery tender and it got up to 12.6 volts and held that. And I even bought a duralast battery at AutoZone and tried swapping it out and that still didn't fix a problem
Now I'm being told that apparently it was the battery and the RF hub combined. Which sounds a little shady

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So the part is actually in. They've had it since last Friday. They just didn't get around to installing it. Every time I called they would say the car is on the lift and it would be ready that day. But then it was never ready.

Called again this morning and they said that it's"on the lift" and will be ready today....

Im just annoyed because I had tested the old battery and the voltage was a little low but it was fine. Then I charged it with a battery tender and it got up to 12.6 volts and held that. And I even bought a duralast battery at AutoZone and tried swapping it out and that still didn't fix a problem
Now I'm being told that apparently it was the battery and the RF hub combined. Which sounds a little shady
Not really. U know the "Hub" is constantly on and pulls power, just an amount of mA because it has to send a signal/receive a signal from FOB. Some of the electronics in these rolling computers never 100% shut down. All the new batteries in the world not gonna help if the RF hub not working correctly.

OP
OP
F

Frankd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
So I just picked up the ram from the dealer. They we're going to charge me $390 for the battery. The RF hub is covered under my extended warranty but I have $100 deductible. When I got to the dealership, the rep told me it would only cost $100 plus tax. They threw in the battery at no cost as Goodwill.
I couldn't be happier with the outcome. We've pretty much only owned Hondas in the past. This is my first American car and I was honestly worried about the quality. So far I'm happy with both the RAM and the dealer experience.
Big thanks to Town and Country Chrysler in levittown NY

Grenshaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I just picked up the ram from the dealer. They we're going to charge me $390 for the battery. The RF hub is covered under my extended warranty but I have $100 deductible. When I got to the dealership, the rep told me it would only cost $100 plus tax. They threw in the battery at no cost as Goodwill.
I couldn't be happier with the outcome. We've pretty much only owned Hondas in the past. This is my first American car and I was honestly worried about the quality. So far I'm happy with both the RAM and the dealer experience.
Big thanks to Town and Country Chrysler in levittown NY

Hi, just wondering if it's still working fine?
Have a similar issue and been trying to research; the rf hub thing has come up a few times.
Only have 20k on my ram; just got it, so kinda sketched out about chasing electrical gremlins to an indefinite end. I've had this before with another vehicle; they just replacing things one at a time trying to fix stuff and it can get really costly.