True Dual Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looking at building a true dual exhaust for my sport. Either 2.5 or 3". Was wondering what size tip (diameter and length) will sound best. Was also thinking either carven or Black Widow for the mufflers (full performance mufflers) what's everyone like? Oh and would re-installing a resonators help with drone or no point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Are you going to do a set of Long tube headers as well ? I just feel if your going to run a true dual set up it should be coming off a set of LTs..
I would think 2.5" would be the size to run.

OP
OP
jonathanhudaon

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Oh yeah long tubes are going to be on this beast! Will be planning on going with ARH with the performance cats after I get the exhaust built.

jackal98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi. 5.7
True Duals on You Tube

Looking at building a true dual exhaust for my sport. Either 2.5 or 3". Was wondering what size tip (diameter and length) will sound best. Was also thinking either carven or Black Widow for the mufflers (full performance mufflers) what's everyone like? Oh and would re-installing a resonators help with drone or no point?

Go to Kinney's Muffler Shop's You Tube page and search for Ram 1500. He installs multiple muffler systems, with tips as true duals.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=kinney's+muffler+shop

OP
OP
jonathanhudaon

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Listened some of his stuff. Just doesn't tell size on the tails and I haven't seen anything with carven or black widow mufflers

OP
OP
jonathanhudaon

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You have the muffler system or there mufflers? If muffler do you have the r or tr? GWC

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I just installed the progressive bolt in muffler, then everything else is factory.

Attachments

• 20170321_161723.jpg
    20170321_161723.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
OP
OP
jonathanhudaon

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah thought so. Lot of guys doing that. I have to mod my exhaust anyways where I have a 3" body lift and I don't like the look of just moving the tops and I want headers. So I decided true dual

OP
OP
jonathanhudaon

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Also I know I have to use a x pipe. Anyone also got any designs for a good true dual set up on the 13+ rams?

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the stainless works performance setup. It's true duals with 5" tips. Love it. Everyone that hears it loves it. Only thing I wish I would have done differently was the louder mufflers. I let the guy talk me into the medium sounding ones, and I do the think it's loud enough, at least for me. It's loud, don't get me wrong, I just wish it were a little louder.

OP
OP
jonathanhudaon

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
True duals right from the cats or no? Only ones I seen didn't go right to the cats

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes. It's 2 long tube headers into 2 separate high flow cats into an x pipe into 2 high flow mufflers into 2 5" tips. Only time both pipes touch is at the X pipe. You have to have an x pipe or h pipe for balance.

OP
OP
jonathanhudaon

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you have a link I'd like to have a look at there's

Demon340v

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I was on a budget when i did the exhaust on my ram. Im running Cherry Bomb Extreme mufflers.

I had the shop cut the Y and run pipe off both tubes. That in turn runs straight to the cherry bombs then bolts right to the factory dual exhaust.

I literally told the shop cut off the heavy muffler and pipe where it duals out to the rear run that to the cherry bombs.

Now i am going to be redoing this exhaust since i have some leaks and blew out his welds. Also the guy put 2.25 pipe smh and i asked for 2.5 that cost me 180 to do that.

This go around im doing mandrel tubing around the spare tire and im going to run 2.5 from the front back. Im also adding 5" tips(using adapters) which i already have. im also replacing the cherry bombs with newer ones as well. If i can do it at the same time i will be adding Kooks headers with their Y. either way my system will still be true dual.

Im also not running the resonators Truck sounds great at idle and if i'm just driving around it has a nice tone nothing loud until i get on it.

OP
OP
jonathanhudaon

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice. Yeah I'm looking at doing true duals from the cats back. 2.5 pipe. X pipe and then either carven type r or black widow widow maker 10 mufflers back to 5" Gibson tails. Seen this design and gonna try and mimic it fba4c4e065209fedccf553a9cad5f3c7.jpg

Demon340v

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Nice. Yeah I'm looking at doing true duals from the cats back. 2.5 pipe. X pipe and then either carven type r or black widow widow maker 10 mufflers back to 5" Gibson tails. Seen this design and gonna try and mimic it fba4c4e065209fedccf553a9cad5f3c7.jpg

I like how that looks. I have looked at the Black widows for sometime and i am really ify on putting their Race venom on the truck. However i do want their mufflers when i get around to it for a 69 Dart im building.

OP
OP
jonathanhudaon

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yup me to demon, I'm actually looking at what kind pipe pieces I'll need to try and replicate it lol. Yeah I'm between carvens type r and the widows. I'm looking for a real mean deep sound for the truck. She's got the look with a 9" lift, so now she needs the sound. Plus I have a vararam cai too [emoji48]

Demon340v

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I love the Vararam i dropped it on mine and wow what a difference it made feels like the truck has a bit more to dig down into.

Did a little digging and i will send you a PM with the link to where that exhaust is from it was the guys prototype.

OP
OP
jonathanhudaon

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah I seen a post he made and I have the three pics. To bad there's no measurements on it all. Oh yeah I love my vararam. Can wait to get the exhaust and headers to give her some more power