Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
67 StingrayJ

67 StingrayJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
All answers are true.
1.) True or False:
Installing a Pedal Commander (or any other brand throttle response controller) is the same as changing how you press on the accelerator.

2.) True or False:
Pedal Commander's (or any other brand throttle response controller) Maximum throttle input is no different than what you can achieve without a pedal commander.

3.) True or False:
Simply installing a Pedal Commander (or any other brand throttle response controller) cannot improve acceleration beyond what you can already achieve.

4.) True or False:
One can replicate the effects of a Pedal Commander (or any other brand throttle response controller) by changing how you press the accelerator.

5.) True or False:
People who install a Pedal Commander (or any other brand throttle response controller) could have achieved the same effects by simply changing the way they used their accelerator.

6.) True or False:
The most aggressive Pedal Commander setting (or any other brand throttle response controller) is no better than slamming your foot on the accelerator.

7.) True or False:
Purchasing a Pedal Commander (or any other brand throttle response controller) is a quick way to needlessly spend your money.
wow... thank you.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Treburkulosis, I don't have a PC.
My only real complaint on how my 16 Ram runs is that it downshifts so easily and quickly when I feel it could easily pull the slight grade in the current gear. So, if I am cruising in 8th and there is a slight grade, it doesn't seem to do much with slightly more throttle at first, then it downshifts into 7th and goes. I would just like to delay the downshift a bit. I am actually surprised that it does that with 3.92's as it really doesn't need to downshift.
When I hear complaining about their trucks lugging and not downshifting quick enough, I am saying to myself, "How can I get mine to do that?" lol

IF the eco helps mpg on the highway, I would get one just for that - as that is 90% of my driving :)
My Charger is the same way. Barely touch it and it’s down a gear. I guess it’s for faster acceleration and gas mileage most likely. I’m debating on one for my Charger. I can’t imagine it in full race mode that I run my 6speed Ram. I will say this since installing mine, it’s never left full race mode. On Tuesday I was repairing some roofs before our rain storm and got into rain for the first time. I backed it off to sport mode 1-9 and nope it was just like being in tow haul mode. I was only a few miles from home, so back to full race setting it went. I love the monster It becomes.