Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

My4thRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 1500 Classic Tradesman
Engine
V6 Pentastar
So all these people saying it removes lag or speeds up the signal........why have I never seen an oscilliscope waveform capture of what it actually does to the signal? If they advertise that would someone please post it.

What the signal looks like with and without would probably tell more than they want to.;)

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
So all these people saying it removes lag or speeds up the signal........why have I never seen an oscilliscope waveform capture of what it actually does to the signal? If they advertise that would someone please post it.

What the signal looks like with and without would probably tell more than they want to.;)
All I can give you is I am able to adjust it with the push of a button to 9 different settings, I can even put it back to the stock setting with a push of a button. Putting it back to stock just reminds me why I was looking for something to get rid of the lag "in mine" to start with. I can immediately change it back to the sport mode I had it set on and I can tell a definite difference. I don't need it but if I seen the oscilliscope waveform you are talking about and it said I was wrong in what I feel I would simply throw it in the trash and keep smiling while I drive in the sport mode. I guess you can say I'm not a big believer in what a 30 year old scientist says happened a billion years ago.

turboguard

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Warlock
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think the best way to settle things is to set up a test with two identical trucks, one with PC and one without. Make it to where you can see the butterfly valve open and close, and compare the two.
Would that really be too much work? I would think the companies would WANT to prove their product isn't snake oil in order to sell more of these expensive units.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I think the best way to settle things is to set up a test with two identical trucks, one with PC and one without. Make it to where you can see the butterfly valve open and close, and compare the two.
Would that really be too much work? I would think the companies would WANT to prove their product isn't snake oil in order to sell more of these expensive units.
That would be ok but I think the word of mouth from almost every customer I've heard from does it for them. How about the one's who bought a throttle controller and DON'T like it or would remove it because it doesn't work speak up but only if you have tried it!

OP
OP
67 StingrayJ

67 StingrayJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

I too want to see this. If that's what it's actually doing, then they should advertise as such.

OP
OP
67 StingrayJ

67 StingrayJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm curious how adding more electronics between the pedal and the computer can change the speed at which the computer opens the throttle.

I want to see the programming and what's actually going on in the tune with these things before I'll change my mind. 'you'd understand if you tried one' won't cut it with me

Same here! "SHOW-ME".

OP
OP
67 StingrayJ

67 StingrayJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Do you not trust yourself? If you feel it yourself is it not real?

I don't own one. I'd gladly test one and post the results though. I'm looking for a used one. Someone should find a way to connect this thing to a signal readout of some sort analyses the data. Let the data speak for itself. I have been reading up on these things for a while now and I'm skeptical.

And I'm sure has Hades not going to take a vendors word for it. It's a conflict of interest.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I don't own one. I'd gladly test one and post the results though. I'm looking for a used one. Someone should find a way to connect this thing to a signal readout of some sort analyses the data. Let the data speak for itself. I have been reading up on these things for a while now and I'm skeptical.

And I'm sure has Hades not going to take a vendors word for it. It's a conflict of interest.
I'm not sure any of us that bought one is making $1 off of telling you our results. I have no other way to prove it other than being honest about my opinion of it.

OP
OP
67 StingrayJ

67 StingrayJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I am not, I have nothing to gain in what I'm saying to you. If something works for me I try to spread the word to others that ask

And I think many of us have been clear when we say we want to take anyones word for it. If it's that great a product, the data would speak for itself.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
And I think many of us have been clear when we say we want to take anyones word for it. If it's that great a product, the data would speak for itself.
I have no way to prove anything. I test things for myself, I don't even believe data over my own experience. Good luck in whatever you find that proves anything.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
FALSE

TRUE

TRUE

EHH, it really changes how the truck feels to drive.

Up for debate

FALSE - truck is not driveable on highest setting. Instant tire spin.

FALSE
GREAT response NICK. DITTO above, but FTR, I do not have a PC installed, just know PPL who do have it.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If anyone wants proof the PC works, hook up a scan tool that can read throttle voltage. Key on engine off hold the throttle at a set point, say 1/4, then changed the modes on the PC. You will clearly see it changes voltage the PCM sees for throttle input, therefor decreasing throttle lag.

And for those that think you can "do it with your right foot", buy a PC and put it on Sport+ at +4.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
If anyone wants proof the PC works, hook up a scan tool that can read throttle voltage. Key on engine off hold the throttle at a set point, say 1/4, then changed the modes on the PC. You will clearly see it changes voltage the PCM sees for throttle input, therefor decreasing throttle lag.

And for those that think you can "do it with your right foot", buy a PC and put it on Sport+ at +4.
I don't know how there's any better proof than your own experience! I think the sceptics wants someone to buy it for them. I'm not doing it, just drive your's with the throttle lag and be happy!

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hptuners can do it in the tune. I can do it on my Harley with the Harley tuner, it's just a table of X voltage at the pedal = Y position at the throttle.

I feel like most people mistake the throttle ramp/curve as delay.

Adamcr68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemifever 5.7

I have dealt with Nick several times, he has great prices, very quick responses & gives lots of options in products. He has ordered parts for me from other company’s when he didn’t have it at cost. He is a great guy & takes care of Ramforum members!