TRX Usage question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gldwing57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am wondering how many TRX owners use their trucks as daily drivers. I got mine in August and already have 4500 miles on it because I love to drive it. However, I hate putting 10 to 12 thousand miles a year on it and depreciation taking a big hit on the value.
I traded my 2017 Rebel in on this truck which only had 33000 miles on it but I tend to drive this more even though I am fortunate enough to have other vehicles to drive, but this is my only truck.
So my dilemma is do I drive this every day or make a garage king out of it, or sell it and buy another Rebel that i don't mind putting miles on but won't like as well.
Which get me back to my original question. How are most people in this group using their TRX and does mileage give you any concern.
Thanks for any input.

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
This depends on what your future plans for it are. Is it a truck you are going to keep, or do you plan on selling/trading it in eventually. Right now the truck market is up and book values are still inflated. Mileage wouldn't have a huge impact on the vehicle as it would have a couple of years ago. I personally do not own one but if I did I would probably drive it daily as well. I don't put a lot of miles in my vehicles though. Less than 2000 since March. Several of our customers that have bought them use them regularly. I have even seen a guy pulling a trailer with a small excavator on it in a TRX.

OP
OP
G

Gldwing57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the reply..
Well my original thought was to use it like I did my Rebel but I find myself being a lot more picky with it than I did the Rebel. Watching where I park, worrying about someone opening a door on it, hauling stuff, etc.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Drive it and enjoy it is my suggestion.

If you are worried about depreciation, remember that you took that hit right after you drove it away from the dealer's lot.

As far as mileage and future value then find something for the majority of your DD experience and bring out the TRX on occasion. Only time will tell if it becomes a future classic and retain a significant percentage of its current value.

I don't think I'd sell it or trade it on a Rebel. That makes no sense to me at all.

OP
OP
G

Gldwing57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for your reply, yes you are right we always take a hit after we drive away.
The thinking on getting the Rebel would be to sell TRX and then look for a decent deal on Rebel and not worry about it as much.
Im a Mopar or no car guy and right now anything with a 6.2 is holding great value. My 16 HC Challenger is worth almost what I paid for it and with FCA rumored to stop making the 6.2 they should stay solid.
I guess my big issue is with TRX in 3 years and having lets say 35 k miles is it going to be worth 50k or if it has 9k miles worth 65k or miles not have much bearing at all on the value.
But as you say only time will tell and I do feel why have it if you not gonna use it.
Again thank you for your thoughts.

Jayc71

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Turbo Diesel & 6.2L Supercharged Hemi
We are lucky enough have multiple vehicles so we drive the one that is most appropriate for any given trip. If I'm doing quick drives in town where I know there will be traffic and tight parking, I drive the MX. If I don't anticipate tight parking to be an issue on a drive around town, or I want to play in the dirt or have fun, I take the TRX.

I WFH so I don't have to commute daily, thankfully, so I am not too worried about putting miles on the TRX.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I was going to get TRX, but took the Rebel instead.
Still might trade Rebel for TRX, if the prices come back to 'normal'

I don't mind to pay for list price, if it's everything I want.
But pay more for it? No.

I plan on off-roading with it, and driving it.
My view, people are over-paying for them cause soon there isn't going be any more.
There are a lot stupid people in world, so likely be people in future who will pay extra for it.
Better off to take the money and buy some property as an investment.

GNXtoWS6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.1
Love mine as a daily drive. Only issue is width for parking places so I park wayyyyy out

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
My truck payment is 900 so $30 per day rather I drive it or not. I’m driving it. That’s why I bought it over a base 4x4. There will always be a new model coming out that will be the next shiny thing before you get 40k on it.

Last edited:

Mazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I bought my '21 TRX in July of that year, and it has been a daily driver for me. I take it off road, long drives and honestly even short trips, I still love driving it and mine has about 25k miles on it. So no let up here!!!