Trying to confirm if its blender door/actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

17Veteran76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2017 Ram 1500 2wd 5.7 Bighorn w/ dual climate.

Air will stop blowing out the front vents and blow out on the floor instead. It can go back to the front vents while driving, as if you changed the position. Sometimes when its blowing on the floor you can feel some air coming out the front vents, just slightly.

Air is cold, fan speed works as expected.

Usually it comes and goes. Start the truck get in.. blowing on feet. Get out to shop etc.. get back in.. blowing out front cents as expected.

I assume its one of the actuators/blend door under the radio? Replaced actuator under passenger side by the fan motor awhile ago since I had the stuff pulled out to clean from this issue.

Am I on the right track?

Thanks.

Edit: Confirmed Defrost/Front. The actuator is not getting power. Going to be a headache trying to trace it down and fix it. For the time being, I left the actuator unplugged with the door position to allow air from the front vents (gets hot in Georgia). I lose defrost for now. Everything else works floor, front, etc. I'll just have to carry a cloth and my wife any time its foggy to be my glorified defroster.

FpBRr7t.gif

Last edited:

dauer53

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Can you tell me which actuator it is that controls the defrost? Mine is failing and I’d rather not play the guessing game

Zer0_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any chance you tracked down what this was? I am experiencing the exact same issue.