Trying to purchase this PW - curious if anyone knows it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FlameThrower

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 PW
Engine
Hemi 6..4:L
With a repo I would be worried that the former owner didn't change the oil or perform any other routine maintenance. With COVID lenders were giving owners lower or extended payment terms so the former owner may have known for a year that they couldn't afford it and proceeded to beat on it. Personally I would walk on that truck.

sam darakjy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Tradesman Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I do not think I would ever buy a used Power Wagon with that many miles. No telling what that truck has seen that will never show up on any report.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I would never commit to anything sight unseen for one, and second I don't think I would ever buy something that has been repo'd. I've seen too many times where people got in a situation where they knew it would be repo'd and just abused it and din't give a crap any more. I've seen people totally trash houses before getting kick out, right down to ripping plumbing out the the walls just for spite.

I know you are looking for confirmation but I'd pass if it was me.

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Be better off buying a new one, would walk on this one. Basically the same price to buy a new one.. I paid 54,000 for mine and it’s literally identical to this one except for the color...

Daddyhas2boys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks nice but I'd get rid of those tires and put BF Goodrich KO2s on it...but that's me

Ed F

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’d also recommend walking away but just want to say that Carfax also has it’s issues. Big issues.

Ed F

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’d also recommend walking away but just want to say that Carfax also has it’s issues. Big issues.

OP
OP
N

Nado

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4

Just curious, what are the big issues? Other than the risk due to the repo?

OP
OP
N

Nado

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Be better off buying a new one, would walk on this one. Basically the same price to buy a new one.. I paid 54,000 for mine and it’s literally identical to this one except for the color...

How??? Everywhere I go this would price easily at or over 60k.

fulltimerart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I never trust Carfax-------I have seen too many vehicles reports with missing info that somehow never got reported to them. This includes my last Cadillac CTS, bought at a Caddi dealer----had a perfect low miles, 1 owner, no damage history Carfax and checked out good. Two years later the right taillight broke and when I replaced it I found that it was a used light replacement and the quarter panel had been replaced. BAH HUMBUG ! Art

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Man i bought my ‘16 laramie wagon brand new for just over 50k...wow have prices jumped.

carverwagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
18 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My wife and I test drove a 17 PW ( One owner ) and it seemed nice. then my wife moved the power seat up a little and it sounded like rocks in a blender !! Had a good look under the seats and they were covered in mud, swampgrass and vegetation. That truck had been in a pond, river or lake at least 3-4ft. deep. You could see the water line stain above the pedals on the firewall. !! I walked away from that one. Too bad you can't get someone the look at it for you.

OP
OP
N

Nado

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My wife and I test drove a 17 PW ( One owner ) and it seemed nice. then my wife moved the power seat up a little and it sounded like rocks in a blender !! Had a good look under the seats and they were covered in mud, swampgrass and vegetation. That truck had been in a pond, river or lake at least 3-4ft. deep. You could see the water line stain above the pedals on the firewall. !! I walked away from that one. Too bad you can't get someone the look at it for you.

They are going to send me another personal video of the interior and the under carriage. I'll see what happens.

I've had to repo a few cars before myself, and none of them where in bad shape. Owners just couldn't make the payment.

I dont know we shall see. It's only a 7 hr drive. If it doesn't check out I can walk. Only time.

Regcabguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 I-6
I'd recommend you also pay for the Autocheck report as Autocheck and Carfax can have differing information which may need more investigating (amount of damage during the accident, etc.).

2019 Ram 2500 - VIN: 3C6TR5EJ8KG564034 (edmunds.com)

We were going to purchase a vehicle my wife found and she was all for it. The dealer provided an Autocheck report which showed it was 100% perfect. Then I pulled a Carfax on my own to find it had been in a front end accident. We passed...due diligence from mulitple sources on a used vehicle can pay off.

Otherwise, from appearances it looks clean.
Carfax and Autocheck are only as good as the reporting of the repair facilities. They do determine title status though. Our Honda Pilot sustained $9K of damage and has a clean Carfax. The body shop never informed agencies that the vehicle was heavily damaged.

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Carfax and Autocheck are only as good as the reporting of the repair facilities. They do determine title status though. Our Honda Pilot sustained $9K of damage and has a clean Carfax. The body shop never informed agencies that the vehicle was heavily damaged.

That's why I always recommend checking multiple sources like the five I posted...and a Google search of the VIN can also show interesting results including wrecked vehicles being sold as salvage at auctions, etc. Always assume the salesman knows nothing about the used vehicle and the dealership won't be forthcoming until they're shown information which proves there is an issue. I've purchased plenty of used vehicles in my lifetime but not without plenty of due diligence. I remember back in the 80's calling the biggest auto auction in the state, politely asking if they could tell me if they've seen a specific VIN come through, and they came back to inform me it went through their auction site but had to be towed in/out as the front end was gone on the truck due to a front end collision. There are a multitude of ways to perform due diligence and I believe you'll agree the "Vegas Way" of rolling the dice is the one most of us need to avoid.

Papabroombroom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Don't know about this particular truck but I own a 2005 Power Wagon with the 5.7 Hemi.. I wouldn't replace it with any of the other trucks I've owned.

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Took a video of the undercarriage and suspensions components: https://www.mchughauto.com/videos/jBeaJFC4LIv0?view_token=hT4_0w

Curious to everyone's thoughts here?
I don't know if you've seen the original Moroney sticker...if not, here it is for this truck. More research...it was manufactured in June of 2018.

Recalls performed on this truck:
Recall Date: April 02, 2020
FCA Recall # W33 (VP4 Radio Software)
NHTSA Recall #20V-191
Recall Status

Recall Date: April 09, 2020
FCA Recall # W24 (Bed Step)
NHTSA Recall #20V-207

Attachments

• MONRONEY.pdf
    82.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited: