Tuff Country, Worth It?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The War Wagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 Magnum
I think the fast 'n' loose rule is, avoid ANY lift kit with the word "Country" in the name. :roflsquared:

Blue Chaos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LA 318
I had decent luck with the rough country short arm 5' lift on my 2nd Gen, but then got a BDS long arm lift and wow the difference was huge. Better ride, more flex (I know I went from short arm to long arm but still) and a lot better road manners. I have a skyjacker on my 3rd Gen and its a quality lift. I will be going with skyjacker for my 1st Gen as well once I get to that point.

1985 W350

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've used BDS stuff and recommend it.

u2slow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6BTA
I generally don't like kits. I had a 4" something-country lift in my '95 F350 PSD and it rode really hard. (lift springs all 4 corners)

For my W250, I focused on getting a good set of front springs, without a bunch of arch... and DIY'ed the rest of it.

Be aware that 4" lift will very likely bind the tiny 7260 joints on an RC's rear driveshaft. I'm right on the cusp with D250 leafs and W250 6" blocks in a '90 RC. You may also be close to bind on the front CV, unless you clearance it.

I like the hanger assemblies Jungle has over at ramchargercentral. They were a strong influence on what I ended up building for my W250.

Edit: Holy necro-thread, Batman...