TufTruck 1210 vs 1223V

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

357pig

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone tried both springs? Which one is softer? Looking for a cushier ride than the 1211 springs currently installed. I sold the camping trailer that had a lot of tongue weight, especially with the forward water tank full. I never wanted to deal with a WDH hitch so I put in the 1211 springs with a 1" spacer and the combo was perfect, no sag like stock, and it even sat and drove nice with 800 lbs in the bed and the trailer. (You'd think the Ram factory tow package would include better springs)

But now this 2016 Bighorn (w/ just 14K miles) is gonna become a grocery getter EDD, no plans to tow anything or haul heavy loads. The 1211 springs are a bit much for my bad back and I tossed the original factory springs or I would consider those to reinstall. I did do the Bilstein front level at 2.1 right after buying the truck and it does have a topper on the bed that weighs maybe 200 lbs or less but pretty much stock otherwise. The rear currently measures about 1.5" higher than the front end so the spacer will probably need to go.

TIA for any input on your experiences w/ the 1210 and/or 1223V springs.

Phirebeard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1223V are a variable rate and the 1211 are linear for towing/hauling. The 1211 will be stiffer than the 1210. I do not have any personal experience with any of them, just looking at the specs on their website. Seems like the 1223V will give you the best ride, the 1223VT will give you 1.5" of rear lift also.

OP
OP

357pig

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Kind of what I gathered from reading the manufacturers description on their website. Found a couple reviews on this forum. Somebody said the 1223V started sagging after a while and clanking the coils together making a noise. Not much written on the 1210 though.

So leaning toward the 1210. Will probably order straight from Tuftruck in Canada. Shipping is only $35 to NM. SD truck Springs in New York has them but they want $75 for shipping to NM. Yikes!

Last edited:
OP
OP

357pig

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I'll answer my own question. Popped the TTC-1210 springs in today and went for a spin. These springs feel just right. Goldilocks & 3 bears kinda thing. Not too soft, not too stiff. Comfortable and the truck felt planted and handled really well. I always felt like I was getting kicked around a little bit with the TTC-1211 springs when the truck was empty which is most of my driving now. They were perfect for towing and hauling though.

Strange that the rear wheel wells are still at about 40 inches, same as the 1211 with the 1 inch spacer puck. I guess the springs settle some with use and the 1210's will drop down to 39 inches in time. I don't know if the 1223V springs would have felt any better but I do like the 1210 springs.

Check out the Albuquerque Craigslist if looking for some TTC-1211's. I haven't been a member here long enough to use the classifieds but I can provide my user name on Ebay & Gunbroker to check my feedback.

hawsk99gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Express 2016
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pulled the trigger and bought the TTC-1211's from TufTruck. Will report next week how the install goes when they get here.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Pulled the trigger and bought the TTC-1211's from TufTruck. Will report next week how the install goes when they get here.
I'm seriously looking at these, I currently have the factory Big Horn springs with a .75" TGC spacer. I'm interested to see if these give you any height at all, I would love to remove the spacers if possible.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm seriously looking at these, I currently have the factory Big Horn springs with a .75" TGC spacer. I'm interested to see if these give you any height at all, I would love to remove the spacers if possible.
The 1211's will not give you any height. They will stop the squat when you have weight on the back. They don't even change the ride quality much. My truck still rides nice but it doesn't squat. This pic is with my trailer hooked up without the bars. It's 950lbs of tongue weight. The tongue jack looks like it's down but it's not touching. The truck squats much less compared to the stock springs.
20220609_164251.jpg

The only ones that will give you extra height are the 1223VT.

Last edited:

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The 1211's will not give you any height. They will stop the squat when you have weight on the back. They don't even change the ride quality much. My truck still rides nice but it doesn't squat. This pic is with my trailer hooked up without the bars. It's 950lbs of tongue weight. The tongue jack looks like it's down but it's not touching. The truck squats much less compared to the stock springs.
View attachment 495261

The only ones that will give you extra height are the 1223VT.

AWESOME, thank you for the pic!

hawsk99gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Express 2016
Engine
Hemi 5.7
that's fine as far as height, my current height is a full inch higher in the rear compared to the front of my truck. My only concern was ride quality while the bed is empty.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Loudram, how do you like 9 Drive throttle controller?
I love it. It threw a code once a while back but other than that, no problems. Put together stock SRA's, 3.92 rear, and the 9 Drive set on two or three and you get no traction on dry pavement if you get on it even moderately. I'm constantly chirping the tires without trying. I have to really feather it from a dead stop. Once I'm rolling I can get on it and it moves when I do.

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
received my 1210s today. much faster shipping than expected! they look way more beefey than oem springs. cant wait to install them! already have biltstien 5100s so hopefully this will do the trick!
this thread helped me make up my mind on which tuftruck coil to use.
that and after talking to the rep at tuftruck i knew i didnt want anything to do with the variable rate springs where the first 2 inches are the same as stock. not for me.
will update here after install!

20220614_172528.jpg

20220614_172604.jpg20220614_172620.jpg

hawsk99gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Express 2016
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice! My 1211's just arrived yesterday. Can't wait to pop on this weekend. And thanks Loudram for the reply on the 9 Drive. I am considering it. Otherwise I just manually take it out of ECO mode. But definitely considering it.

hawsk99gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Express 2016
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1211's are installed and loving the ride! Look great and lift in the back was actually a quarter inch higher than before, even though the stock springs were taller. Jumped on my tailgate or I mean sat, and the truck barely budged. I'm 6 ft and 215lb. No squat!

hawsk99gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Express 2016
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Carried a load of rock in the bed this weekend and it squatted a few inches, but nothing like before. Before it would bottom out. Very happy with the 1211's.:)

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I installed my 1210s a few weeks ago. very happy with them! although its not a night and day difference like when i installed the rear shocks (5100s) ive put a 1000 or so kms on them and am very satisfied!
in hindsight i might have gone with the 1211s because initially i felt like they were not stiff enough for my liking, but they do a great job! these 1210s should come on the truck from the factory.

much less roll in the corners and more stiff and tossable feeling in tight turning situations. improved handling in all situations.
the best part is it stil feels normal when you fill the truck up with 5 people and 2 huge coolers and all sorts of gear. with the stock coils you could feel the compression and ride quality and control suffered.

I was hoping for a good bit of wheel hop elimination because that drives me nuts but unfortunately not much better in that department. looks like core 4x4 lower control arms in my future lol

no visible difference in ride hight although i forgot to measure before
39 rear drivers side 39 1/4 rear passenger side right after install

all in all would highly recommend tuftruck coils in general to anyone looking for a high quality made in Canada (with American steel they say) product
price was goood shipping was fast and i called the company before ordering to ask a few questions and the person was very well informed and helpful

Nerveex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any of you who installed them have a level kit in the front? My truck is squatted without anything in the bed and I’m trying to decide on which coils to replace them with, looks like everyone likes the 1211s and 1210s should I just do those or do the 1223VTs?