Tuned Warranty Question..not the typical question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

monettejb

2018 Hydro Blue Edition Ram 1500
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought my truck from a Dodge Dealership already tuned (hp tuners, know the guy who had it). I know it's tuned because it's 1-2 shift is at 6400 rpm on STOCK internals (worries me). I love the truck and have not had any issues. I recently thought about getting an HP tuners technician to lower the shift rpms but .....

One part of me doesn't want to touch it because.....if I bought it tuned from them and they sold it to me that way:

If anything went wrong with it powertrain wise, would the DEALER still be held liable for it?

Thanks!

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I bought my truck from a Dodge Dealership already tuned (hp tuners, know the guy who had it). I know it's tuned because it's 1-2 shift is at 6400 rpm on STOCK internals (worries me). I love the truck and have not had any issues. I recently thought about getting an HP tuners technician to lower the shift rpms but .....

One part of me doesn't want to touch it because.....if I bought it tuned from them and they sold it to me that way:

If anything went wrong with it powertrain wise, would the DEALER still be held liable for it?

Thanks!

Not beyond the dealerships warranty... The manufacturer does not warranty parts modified.

When dealers install lift kits, bigger tires, and anything else like that, either they have to warranty it themselves, or you lose coverage on items directly related to the modifications.

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew
this would be a question for said dealership. If they knowingly sold it to you that way and said they will stand behind stuff (warranty), they talk to them. If all you are doing is lowing the shift points, it should only help things. Not make them less reliable. Talk to service manager and ask him to be straight up with you and mark anything said on your file for future repairs. JMO

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
If I had to guess, the dealership has no idea it’s been tuned ... I would call that to their attention right away, and have them agree that they sold it to you modified ... Then you can start talking about changing it ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pretty much all above rings true, if it’s not in writing... it doesn’t mean anything..
Find out how long they want to warranty it for, if ram finds out it’s tuned, you would have a fight on ur hands if anything does go wrong with the drive train.