Tuner that actual tunes 8 sp transmissions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey y'all so want to pickup a tuner for my 14 ram sport with 8sp.
Now I was going with a DS t2 but I know before there not compatible with the 8sp trans. Then I just read that they are now. Maybe?

Superchips tuner does for sure tune the 8sp. Is it a good tuner?

Is there a better option!?

NOV87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I heard HP tuners are capable of tuning the 8sp. Check the HP tuners forum.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hey y'all so want to pickup a tuner for my 14 ram sport with 8sp.
Now I was going with a DS t2 but I know before there not compatible with the 8sp trans. Then I just read that they are now. Maybe?

Superchips tuner does for sure tune the 8sp. Is it a good tuner?

Is there a better option!?
HP will work on your oddball 14's 8 speed,i second Dilligafs reconmendation of Ryan Hogan /Flying Ryan Performance (FRP). Hemifever and Jay Greene aren't as good with HP as Ryan is,they specialize more in Diablo

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I came to my 8 speed ram laramie from a 6 speed '19 gmc sierra so it seems terrific to me. I 'm curious what tweaking is there to be done.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I came to my 8 speed ram laramie from a 6 speed '19 gmc sierra so it seems terrific to me. I 'm curious what tweaking is there to be done.
Up'ing the shift points to match a cam upgrade,tune the convertor lock-up points are the 2 biggest things that can be done.If you don't have any plans to mod the engine,it's not really cost effective to buy the unlocked PCM you're 19 requires for tuning,as about all you'd want to do to a stock truck would be to up the shift points from the factory 5600 rpm to roughly 6,000 rpm.The stock cam pulls good to about 6,000 rpm,but it's hardly cost effective on a 2015+ truck if that's all you want to do.

Josh22855

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hp tuners - buy 4 universal credits for your TCM - contact Jeremy Satera or ZDungHo for a nice transmission tune.

OP
OP
ToxicFire

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks guys for all the feedback. Was hoping to not go HP tuner way haha. Its hard to get out here in canada. diablo and superchips ect are easy to get at a relatively decent price and no subscription fees or credits needed.

I will consider the hp tuner way now if i wanted not to go that way whats my second best choice? I have no cam or anything just intake, exhaust throttlebody soon .shorty headers. Nothing crazy

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thanks guys for all the feedback. Was hoping to not go HP tuner way haha. Its hard to get out here in canada. diablo and superchips ect are easy to get at a relatively decent price and no subscription fees or credits needed.

I will consider the hp tuner way now if i wanted not to go that way whats my second best choice? I have no cam or anything just intake, exhaust throttlebody soon .shorty headers. Nothing crazy
Dilligaf and i are both Canucks,lol.I never had any trouble getting HP and i went to HP way back in 15,lol.If you need a decent Canuck tuner,look up Chris Zelinsky of Player 3 Tuning in Edmonton,he's better then the 2 big name email truck tuners based out of Texas,plus he specializes in HP.

OP
OP
ToxicFire

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
See I was checking out different websites not there actual website haha. Still not a fan of needing credits. Guess maybe I'll look more into the hp see if I can change my mind

OP
OP
ToxicFire

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HP tuners don't have a screen to mount to dash or even a handheld do they cause I'm not seeing it on there site. I liked the D's t2 look haha

ajrj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I just bought a MVP2+ from a third party vendor, actually a diesel hot rod shop here in AB. No issues at all buying it, and getting the credits right from HP Tuners website. Took no time at all to get my stock map downloaded and sent out.