Tuner upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjsteele95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Multiple trucks different years
Engine
5.7 hemi
I just bought my dads old 2005 Ram 2500 5.7 six sped manual. Want to restore and build it. Is there a quality tuner available that would allow speedometer adjustment for larger tires and better engine performance. It’s not going to be a daily driver so mileage isn’t really an issue. Hanks in advance for the info.

MartyZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 5.7l Hemi
Alpha OBD worked well for mine for the tires and factory adjustments. As for performance you will need an actual tuner

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Alpha OBD worked well for mine for the tires and factory adjustments. As for performance you will need an actual tuner
That won't work on a 2005, it's pre-CAN bus.
I just bought my dads old 2005 Ram 2500 5.7 six sped manual. Want to restore and build it. Is there a quality tuner available that would allow speedometer adjustment for larger tires and better engine performance. It’s not going to be a daily driver so mileage isn’t really an issue. Hanks in advance for the info.
See if you can find an older unlocked Superchips tuner (like a 3815 or 3865). Their canned tunes haven't changed and you won't need the trans tune anyway.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
That won't work on a 2005, it's pre-CAN bus.

See if you can find an older unlocked Superchips tuner (like a 3815 or 3865). Their canned tunes haven't changed and you won't need the trans tune anyway.
From Alfaobd web site: 2005-2021 Chrysler / Dodge / Ram / Jeep cars are supported.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
From Alfaobd web site: 2005-2021 Chrysler / Dodge / Ram / Jeep cars are supported.
From personal experience across all these vehicles AND AOBD; it's only compatible with CAN lol. But since you wanna be an ass who doesn't bother to read thoroughly, kindly direct your attention to their compatibility page and then tell me what all those vehicles have in common: https://www.alfaobd.com/supported_cars.html

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
From personal experience across all these vehicles AND AOBD; it's only compatible with CAN lol. But since you wanna be an ass who doesn't bother to read thoroughly, kindly direct your attention to their compatibility page and then tell me what all those vehicles have in common: https://www.alfaobd.com/supported_cars.html

Wow its nice of you too inform me I'm a wanna be @ss for believing the Owner of a 2005 2500 who told me Alfobd did work on here truck..

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Wow its nice of you too inform me I'm a wanna be @ss for believing the Owner of a 2005 2500 who told me Alfobd did work on here truck..
Now now, that ^^^ isn't what you said. Plus they lied to you. Maybe if it was a 2006 2500. Sorry Charlie.

This ^^^ is what you said, with that nice obnoxious bold font as if to say "nuh uh, look, says it right here" without actually verifying it and proving you have no idea of the differences between PCI & CAN (and which vehicle year & lines actually have it).