Tuning Options for Raising Idle/Oil Pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RodRamCar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 4x4 w/ 3.92s
Hey folks,

So I realize there are a lot of options to help avoid the cam/lifter issues and I have tried to read up on and search everywhere before making this post. Forgive me if I missed a thread that answers this following question:

Is there a tuner I can purchase that can adjust the idle up and down? It appears that adjusting the idle from where these 5.7s usually sit when at normal operating temperature (around 520 to 540 rpm) to perhaps 650 to 750, could bring the oil pressure from high 20s to mid 30 psi up high enough to the low to mid 40 psi range and help with lessening wear internally and better oil splash (sorry if I worded this wrong).

Has anyone done this before? I'm not finding that it's either common or has been done that I can find on these forums. I know people buy the Hellcat oil pump and go that route too.

OP
OP
RodRamCar

RodRamCar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 4x4 w/ 3.92s
HP Tuner

My idle is set at 750.
What tune did you go with to get your idle up? also what oil are you running with this tune? any other things like spark plugs or other maintenance you did after the tune?

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I run cheap Champion 446 and change them out every 2 years. :anitoof:
RL 5W30 is my sauce of choice. The UAO are the best posted here.
I used Flyin' Ryan for my Customs Tune and now just mess with it myself.