Turbo Boost Control Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dizzyspots

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
My 2015 Ram 3500 6.7 ...CEL came on a couple of days ago. Had it scanned and got:

P003A Turbo Boost Control Module (TBCM) "Position exceeded learning point"
P00AF TBCM "Performance"
U010C TBCM "lLost comunication with TBCM"

I dont notice any change in truck operation.

A) Can I continue to drive it?
B) What is the fix and can I do it?
c) If not DIY, is it a dealer item or can a competent independent shop do it?
d) What causes it? Prevents it?

Thanks in advance for the help

Mike

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Most likely it's the turbo actuator. Seems to be a more and more common issue these days. Can you drive it? Not sure, guess it depends on where the turbo veins are right now and if it has failed completely?

It will be a very expensive dealer fix but if you can do it yourself you can save a ton of money. I highly recommend using the city diesel actuator as it is a beefed up unit over the stock and does not require calibration.

https://www.citydiesel.net/index.php?action=viewitem&itemid=29012&cat=0

With that said I am just taking a educated guess so maybe get it checked out to verify?

star_deceiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
That’s a $4000 dealer part... then there’s labor... buy the part somewhere else, take the truck somewhere else.

Why they die, nobody knows. People use the exhaust brake every day from purchase, it dies... people never use the exhaust brake, it dies. Some people put half a million K on the truck and it never dies. Random chance of an electrical part. Also, it isn’t covered under the Cummins warranty, only the 3/36 and purchased extended warranty.

But hey, it’s still a much cheaper repair than the CP4 self destruction that seems to be happening far too often on the 2019+ trucks!